• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mechanical error turnaround time
5 5

127 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2022 at 4:33 PM, Gaard said:

I'm curious...

We're always told to write ME on the package so that (as we've been told) they can remove them from shipping so as to expedite them. It's still taking weeks to enter them into the system. I'd be curious to know how long non-ME submissions are taking to get entered into the system.

I continue to believe (due to what I have experienced) that CGC prioritizes new income versus correcting their errors.

Someone posted the following on Monday in the current turnaround thread...
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/262409-current-turn-around-rates-at-cgc/?do=findComment&comment=12629306
11/29/22: Shipped
12/5/22: Received by CGC
12/12/22: G/E/I
12/16/22: G/QC
12/19/22: Shipped by CGC
12/26/22: Received

Edited by troy.division

On 12/27/2022 at 8:35 PM, CGC Mike said:

My New Year's resolution is to make this happen.  

I’ve had a walkthrough resubmitted because of mechanical error back on 9/26. Cgc received book on 11/07. I was told I would have before end of December. Well it’s the first of the year and nothing. Sucks I paid for walkthrough for quick service to resubmit and take an additional 3 months and counting just to swap a label out. Poor service and quality control. 

On 1/2/2023 at 4:17 AM, Ronperez said:

I’ve had a walkthrough resubmitted because of mechanical error back on 9/26. Cgc received book on 11/07. I was told I would have before end of December. Well it’s the first of the year and nothing. Sucks I paid for walkthrough for quick service to resubmit and take an additional 3 months and counting just to swap a label out. Poor service and quality control. 

Although MEs are not really a source of revenue (of course, one could argue that the lack of care/quality during the whole process is a big money saver), it's clear that they are not given the priority that they deserve.

It's also very clear that the higher-ups at CGC have determined that the cost of improving quality far outweighs the cost of fixing these MEs.

After all these years, it's so obvious (to you, me, and CGC) that better QC is needed, yet they have made the decision not to do that.

On 12/29/2022 at 6:52 PM, troy.division said:

I continue to believe (due to what I have experienced) that CGC prioritizes new income versus correcting their errors.

Someone posted the following on Monday in the current turnaround thread...
https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/262409-current-turn-around-rates-at-cgc/?do=findComment&comment=12629306
11/29/22: Shipped
12/5/22: Received by CGC
12/12/22: G/E/I
12/16/22: G/QC
12/19/22: Shipped by CGC
12/26/22: Received

I think a lot of businesses do. I hired a contractor to put interlock in the back yard. They messed up and water pooled when it rained, but the contractor continued doing more new jobs and did not come again to fix the issue until their busy season was over. It is what it is. 

Movement...finally...

Paul Dini Signing Event Submission - LABEL ERROR
Shipped                        11/1
Delivered                      11/2 (1 business day later)
Scheduled for Grading 11/17 (11 business days later)
Grading / QC                1/4 (28 business days later / 40 business days so far)

On 1/6/2023 at 4:35 PM, JollyComics said:

Apparently ME is growing like crazy. I sent one recently and will get my returned book from the buyer who is not happy with CCG case that has few debris inside.

I had a similar issue with reholder submission. There was a pretty big piece of plastic that must have been part of the case loose inside the holder.

Edited by paullam15

Dropped off two books at the show in Baltimore on 10/29/22 and received them at home 1/5/23 and then promptly shipped out three more on 1/5. Hope to get them back soon but to be honest, that isn't my main concern. 

Quality control is a wonderful thing but nobody is perfect. How about taking the customers word for the information that he/she may put on the invoice, about the item that he/she may own. What I'm trying to say is... what happened to " The customer is always right "? 

I know that the customer is not always right but when I say a book is a variant or a newsstand edition, then that's what it is.

On 1/8/2023 at 12:32 AM, ASSA9 said:

Dropped off two books at the show in Baltimore on 10/29/22 and received them at home 1/5/23 and then promptly shipped out three more on 1/5. Hope to get them back soon but to be honest, that isn't my main concern. 

Quality control is a wonderful thing but nobody is perfect. How about taking the customers word for the information that he/she may put on the invoice, about the item that he/she may own. What I'm trying to say is... what happened to " The customer is always right "? 

I know that the customer is not always right but when I say a book is a variant or a newsstand edition, then that's what it is.

:thisthreadisuselesswithoutpics: