• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy 100th Birthday to Stan Lee!

19 posts in this topic

Happy BDay Stan the Man. I’m glad I got to meet him as well. I love this Fumetti book, and wish I could’ve gotten Stan’s sig on this along with many others. Here is my #1 that I love. 

All someone has to do is pick up any of the early Marvels, especially my two favorites, Amazing Spidey and X-Men to see his wittiness and powerful storytelling. We miss you Stan!

9C88E914-3416-42F1-9FF2-6C768DA2F0AC.jpeg

F2882728-D23F-4D11-A67C-889A96D87224.jpeg

On 12/28/2022 at 9:45 PM, SpideyFein said:

Happy BDay Stan the Man. I’m glad I got to meet him as well. I love this Fumetti book, and wish I could’ve gotten Stan’s sig on this along with many others. Here is my #1 that I love. 

All someone has to do is pick up any of the early Marvels, especially my two favorites, Amazing Spidey and X-Men to see his wittiness and powerful storytelling. We miss you Stan!

9C88E914-3416-42F1-9FF2-6C768DA2F0AC.jpeg

F2882728-D23F-4D11-A67C-889A96D87224.jpeg

never saw one with the "with great power........." quote before !

great SS series book and a really nice presenting copy for a 2.5

A new documentary on Stan the Man coming to Disney+

Marvel Entertainment tweeted a 25-second video on Wednesday confirming the 2023 release of a Disney+ documentary on Stan Lee. The announcement aligns with what would have been the 100th birthday of the late comic creator.

“100 years of dreaming. 100 years of creating. 100 years of Stan Lee,” Marvel Entertainment wrote in a caption that accompanied the teaser. “Stan Lee, an Original documentary, is streaming 2023 on @DisneyPlus.”

The newly released video shows glimpses of some of Stan Lee’s minor roles and guest appearances in cinema. The celebratory montage concludes with a gradual zoom-out that reveals an illustration of the multi-talented creator.

Working alongside fellow writer-artists like Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko, Lee is best known for creating beloved characters like Spider-Man, the Hulk, Iron Man, the X-Men and more. Even after retiring from Marvel in the 1990s, Lee continued to stay involved with the company through cameo appearances and executive producer titles on Marvel productions.

Celebration of Lee’s centennial launched earlier this month through Genius Brands International, which released a new online store with three exclusive Lee-branded collections. The entertainment company owns the rights to the name, voice, likeness, signature and licensing of intellectual property relating to Lee and is signed on to co-executive produce the “Stan Lee” documentary. 

“100 years ago, Stan was born in NYC. Over the last century, his work changed the pop culture landscape & influenced millions,” reads a postfrom the official Stan Lee Twitter account, which is kept in use by POW! Entertainment. “At LA Comic Con, fans left messages for Stan’s centennial. Inspiration. Legend. Hero. These are some of the words that came up again & again. #StanLee100.”

On 12/28/2022 at 10:10 PM, 1950's war comics said:

never saw one with the "with great power........." quote before !

great SS series book and a really nice presenting copy for a 2.5

Thanks. It was actually a 4.5 SS restored and I chose to let CGC remove it, and they “scraped” it. I agree that it still presents nicely. It was the first book and only book I unrestored with CGC.