• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Masteraddams

15 posts in this topic

On 12/28/2022 at 11:49 AM, jimbo_7071 said:

The books of his that I looked at were priced so high that I don't even look at his listings any more. (There are quite a few sellers on eBay whose listings I just scroll past.)

I made an offer, and he took it.  He's got great Superman books.  I think the timing on my part was just right, but I do agree that some of those asks are high.

I spoke with him and he basically likes the books... definitely not a hardship sale. I bought a Action 156 from him, it was steep but worth it in my opinion. GOD BLESS... 

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

On 12/28/2022 at 5:55 PM, jimjum12 said:

I spoke with him and he basically likes the books... definitely not a hardship sale. I bought a Action 156 from him, it was steep but worth it in my opinion. GOD BLESS... 

I've got an Action 156 too.  Probably not nearly as nice as yours, but I love that cover.  Whatever you paid, I'm sure it was worth it.

On 12/28/2022 at 2:29 PM, jimbo_7071 said:

Let me guess . . . you want to buy one of his books, but you're hoping to get it for something less than the 500% of FMV that he's asking on eBay?

Nope.  I am just amazed at the collection of stuff he has for sale on ebay and was wondering what his back story was.  But I just got connected with him tonight and will share that story if anyone is interested (and assuming it is OK with him).  I not aware that he posts on the CGC boards.

Edited by Cpt Kirk

On 12/28/2022 at 10:14 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

I've got an Action 156 too.  Probably not nearly as nice as yours, but I love that cover.  Whatever you paid, I'm sure it was worth it.

It's gone now ... a slabbed 7.0 that looked much nicer. Sold during one of my cash poor periods, of which there have been many :bigsmile: GOD BLESS... 

On 12/28/2022 at 7:16 PM, Cpt Kirk said:

Nope.  I am just amazed at the collection of stuff he has for sale on ebay and was wondering what his back story was.  But I just got connected with him tonight and will share that story if anyone is interested (and assuming it is OK with him).  I not aware that he posts on the CGC boards.

On 12/29/2022 at 1:33 AM, jimjum12 said:

It's gone now ... a slabbed 7.0 that looked much nicer. Sold during one of my cash poor periods, of which there have been many :bigsmile: GOD BLESS... 

Yes, I would love to hear the back story of the Action Comics collection that Fairless picked up a few years back.  An even better collection are some Action Comics currently posted on e-Bay by Comic Book Addiction.  I would love to hear that back story!

On 1/18/2023 at 5:39 PM, TheLexLuthorCollection said:

Yes, I would love to hear the back story of the Action Comics collection that Fairless picked up a few years back.  An even better collection are some Action Comics currently posted on e-Bay by Comic Book Addiction.  I would love to hear that back story!

What is Comic Book Addiction's ebay user name so I could look up what they have for sale?