• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2023 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
11 11

581 posts in this topic

On 6/11/2023 at 8:10 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm always impressed when besides pencils and inks, they keep to make it with colors too. I have yet to get a colored sketch...  :cheers:

It makes it pop!

It depends on the artist, time restraints, and at times how much they get into the sketch. I've had a couple get so into a Scooby sketch they added the color without asking and other times they apologized for not having it in color but they didn't have their markers on them that day.

If you are ever at a show and have a artist that is a cartoonist do a commission for you, it will be rarer to not get colors. 

On 6/24/2023 at 3:42 PM, Ron C. said:

Still holding on hope with this one for a potential Julie Newmar signature. It was originally drawn in 2019 by the late Wu Wei (Gavin). 

Thank you to @Dork Buzz for trying on this book at Greater Austin, but Julie had to cancel. Hopefully, we will have better luck at Colorado Springs CC in August.  At age 89 (actually 90 at this show), Julie will have a lot on her plate (with a special needs child that she is still caring for). Thank you to @DELTA 62 for offering to help me with this book!

Wu Wei Catwoman 98.jpg

Fingers Crossed Meme - IdleMeme | Crossed fingers, Memes, Funny memes

On 6/27/2023 at 3:47 PM, Ron C. said:

This was a "remarque" via CGC's In-House Adam Hughes signing.

Adam Hughes WW 98.jpg

Wait...

I don't remember this being an option? Was there sketches at Artgerm too? Did you just send a blank?

On 6/27/2023 at 5:44 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Wait...

I don't remember this being an option? Was there sketches at Artgerm too? Did you just send a blank?

I just sent a blank cover for a remarque and this is what Adam drew.  :)

On 6/27/2023 at 4:52 PM, Ron C. said:

I just sent a blank cover for a remarque and this is what Adam drew.  :)

That's bold! It's favored I hear!

So it wasn't an option, and just happen to work out! Man I wonder if that would work with Campbell 

I have 

On 6/27/2023 at 5:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

So it wasn't an option, and just happen to work out! Man I wonder if that would work with Campbell 

I have had some good luck with remarques on blank covers, but also a few clunkers..... sometimes it is worth taking the shot though.

On 6/27/2023 at 5:24 PM, Ron C. said:

I have 

I have had some good luck with remarques on blank covers, but also a few clunkers..... sometimes it is worth taking the shot though.

I asked Campbell for a TMNT turtle holding a pizza once, I got the pizza 😂

Ended up getting Eastman to do the turtle part, I just didn't send in "blank."

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/27/2023 at 6:29 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I asked Campbell for a TMNT turtle holding a pizza once, I got the pizza 😂

Ended up getting Eastman to do the turtle part, I just didn't send in blank.

Blanks are kind of fun. Sometimes you will get a tiny sketch, but other times the artist just can't resist filling up the space.  (thumbsu

Often the best choice is giving the artist the most possible room in which to draw.

On 6/27/2023 at 4:54 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I think you are confused 

AH! remarques definitely were offered

Ron C is saying he sent in the blank sketch cover because he paid for it

Hughes didn’t just do it out of his kind heart

https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/10392/Adam-Hughes-Signing/