• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THE 2023 SKETCH COVER MEGA THREAD
11 11

581 posts in this topic

On 7/29/2023 at 1:18 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Which label would you get if you obtain a signature on a sketch piece that was not previously slabbed?

cat sk.JPG

Green all day long if the picture you are showing were to be submitted as it is.

If you were to say go to a convention and have the writer of the book sign it in front of a witness and they submit it on your behalf it will be a green/yellow hybrid label noting the witnessed signature but not the unwitnessed parts. 

Ya unfortunately it would be green as above poster said. As cgc does not accept coa as an official witness. Even when said coa are indeed legit and all. I wish they did. But totally understand why cgc does. On the flip side I don't know if a book was graded by another company and reslab/regraded by cgc if they would accept it that way?

On 7/30/2023 at 8:12 AM, Webhead2018 said:

Ya unfortunately it would be green as above poster said. As cgc does not accept coa as an official witness. Even when said coa are indeed legit and all. I wish they did. But totally understand why cgc does. On the flip side I don't know if a book was graded by another company and reslab/regraded by cgc if they would accept it that way?

Green label still. If the other guys certify it with their program still not cgc witnessed so cgc will not recognize it.

On 7/30/2023 at 4:49 PM, Webhead2018 said:

Really so even if say something is witness cbcs and you had it reslab by cgc they wouldn't give it yellow?

CBCS will accept a CGC yellow, but not the other way around.

On 7/29/2023 at 1:18 PM, MultiSig Mike said:

Which label would you get if you obtain a signature on a sketch piece that was not previously slabbed?

cat sk.JPG

If you get a signature in the future on this sketch, you'll get the Yellow/Green label I believe, with the signature that was witnessed noted on the label. That's how it works with non-witnessed signatures at least I'm not sure if they go full green label if the cover has art on it.

On 7/30/2023 at 4:59 PM, Ron C. said:

CBCS will accept a CGC yellow, but not the other way around.

Wasn't there a stipulation that they would only accept CGC yellow labels up to a certain point? That point being before CGC started using those sealable bags at conventions.

EDIT: I looked it up and it was stated that CGC books dated _after_ 2019 will need to go through the competitor's verification program. Also, I'm not linking the other company's statement on the issue for obvious reasons.

Edited by austinhg
Added additional information.