• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Crisis 15
2 2

4 posts in this topic

I am considered sending this book to the Ennis signing as it is credited in several places as his first comic credit. I cannot find any census data, so I'm assuming it's never been submitted for grading before. As far as I can tell, there are copies out there both with and without the external jacket, but I don't know if the ones without it had it removed at some point. I think the book looks better with the full cover art showing, but there's also the issue of Qualified or Incomplete labels if the jacket is removed. Can someone at CGC advise on how this one would be handled and in what form I should submit it if I go ahead with that plan?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600 (1).jpg

On 1/6/2023 at 9:58 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello,

Thank you for your question. You are correct we have not yet graded a copy of this book. I have reached out to our graders to review this. 

Any luck? I did not have this in hand when I posted. I do now. That outer wrap is decals, I'm hoping removing it for a universal label is an option b/c I think it would impair pressing. Also, I noted that it seemed a little large & I measured it at 12"×8" so it's longer in the vertical direction than a standard magazine slab. Will that be a problem?

• Administrator

Hello @scburdet,

Unfortunately, if the book is 12 inches tall it will not fit in any of our holders. The book would not be eligible for submission based on the size of the book. Books for comic submissions must measure within 10-1/2" tall x 7-5/8" wide x 1/4" thick. Books for magazine submissions must measure within 11-1/2" tall x 8-7/8" wide x 1/2" thick. 

If you have any other questions, please let us know.