• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading and pressing turnaround times
1 1

10 posts in this topic

I submitted 3 books under the modern tier for grading and pressing.  You received the books on Friday, but my question is, does the 20 business day turnaround time include pressing?  Is there a longer turnaround because my books are being pressed?  Thank you, this is my first time submitting.

• Administrator

Hello @T. Field, thank you for contacting CGC Comics. Grading and pressing have two different turnaround times. You may find pressing's turnaround times HERE and comic grading turnaround times HERE. If you submitted a regular submission under the modern tier with no fast-tracking, the turnaround time would be an estimated 109 business days for pressing, and an additional 20 business days for modern grading. Hope this helps! Thank you!

On 1/17/2023 at 8:12 PM, T. Field said:

I see the times for pressing have dropped from 109 to 24.  My submission says it was received Monday Jan. 16, so which numbers am I looking at for pressing under the modern tier?  109 or 24?

the turnaround time would be an estimated 109 business days for pressing, and an additional 20 business days for modern grading

On 1/18/2023 at 10:58 AM, Kevin76 said:

the turnaround time would be an estimated 109 business days for pressing, and an additional 20 business days for modern grading

i see the same thing as original poster.  Pressing is down to 20 day turnaround for Modern.  So grading and pressing (no fast track) is estimated 40 business days total.  That sound right?  will help me determine if i want to give Pressing a try (i’ve only had one submission so far myself)

On 1/20/2023 at 6:35 PM, FoxBeHungry said:

i see the same thing as original poster.  Pressing is down to 20 day turnaround for Modern.  So grading and pressing (no fast track) is estimated 40 business days total.  That sound right?  will help me determine if i want to give Pressing a try (i’ve only had one submission so far myself)

I hope its true. I have 3 books in for my first submission and all three are being pressed.