• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Grade is In* PGM - Batman Adventures 12
2 2

23 posts in this topic

The ink loss from the apparent fingerprint was not so clear in the original photos where it looked like it might be glare. Generally, I would not use CCS services if the issues look like they need thoroughness. Better to work with someone you can talk with directly and will repress or try different things to maximize the grade. It seems like CCS is run more like an assembly line. 

On 8/4/2023 at 7:36 AM, Lninefingers said:

The fingerprints really pop in those photos. 

7.5 still feels a little harsh, but 8ish feels like the absolute max to me.

If that is the only thing that is mentioned in the grader notes, then I would agree -- too harsh.  I think of color breaks as the difference between 9.0 and higher and 8.5 and lower.  If this is the only thing that is affecting the grade then I would say you had it graded by an over-zealous grader.  This is my one issue with graders -- at the end of the day it is subjective.  Each grader might be consistent with how they look at a book, but each grader looks at a book differently.

It is still a pretty book. :)