• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*Grade is In* PGM - Batman Adventures 12
2 2

23 posts in this topic

Looks like maybe some color rub above Ivy's head, but it could be glare. There's definitely a few indentions along the spine & again the glare is making it a little hard to tell if/how much color break there is. I see what looks like some finger bends on the back cover. Definitely would give this one a press to get to 9.2±0.2

I thought it was 8.0 due to two possibly fingerprints (one on FC and other on BC).  There are multiple creases on both covers.  Yes the pressing will remove nearly all.  Your book may have few small stains.

Here are my spots.

batmanadventure12FC.thumb.jpeg.b5a876115d74116f5fdd7b8336d48975.jpeg

I believe you have a color break crease near "Superman".

BatmanAdventures12BCedge.thumb.jpg.3da32481173ca6b3d9475e3e702fda86.jpg

BatmanAdventures12BC.thumb.jpg.5b59bc2b7d88c0871e9505c51885691e.jpg

BatmanAdventures12spineBC.thumb.jpg.4dc51d0d8aaef00e3196c92a19ed210b.jpg

On 8/2/2023 at 7:24 AM, JollyComics said:

I thought it was 8.0 due to two possibly fingerprints (one on FC and other on BC).  There are multiple creases on both covers.  Yes the pressing will remove nearly all.  Your book may have few small stains.

Here are my spots.

batmanadventure12FC.thumb.jpeg.b5a876115d74116f5fdd7b8336d48975.jpeg

I believe you have a color break crease near "Superman".

BatmanAdventures12BCedge.thumb.jpg.3da32481173ca6b3d9475e3e702fda86.jpg

BatmanAdventures12BC.thumb.jpg.5b59bc2b7d88c0871e9505c51885691e.jpg

BatmanAdventures12spineBC.thumb.jpg.4dc51d0d8aaef00e3196c92a19ed210b.jpg

One has to have a keen eye for this as when dealing with pictures sometimes the glare and the angle makes it hard to see these things. But that appears to be a minor collection of tiny defects and that is what brought the book down to the 7 range 

Now would a Press and Clean helped the book maybe score an 8 instead?

Edited by aabruzzese

Please press.  If not for you, do it for me -- it would make me feel a lot better.  Most everything that I see can be fixed with pressing.

With a good press and some light cleaning I think you have 9.0 - 9.4.

On 8/2/2023 at 5:20 PM, redgar-red said:

Please press.  If not for you, do it for me -- it would make me feel a lot better.  Most everything that I see can be fixed with pressing.

With a good press and some light cleaning I think you have 9.0 - 9.4.

9.0 for sure.  It has too many color break creases.

"fingerprints breaks color" -- that's one I have not seen.

You can press a book more than once -- I do it all the time.  After the third time, it's probably not going to get better.  If I pressed this book and you showed this to me I would have re-pressed no charge.

There are just a couple of things that should have (easily) popped out.  Referring to the picture annotations from @JollyComics if your book has already been pressed then I would have expected:

1. The crease above the Credits Box to be gone.

2. The crease on thte right side of her cape to be gone.

3. The small issues should have come out/off with light cleaning.

4. The spine ticks should be much softer... not necessarily gone, but softer.

5. The biggest issue that I see is the color rub above Poison Ivy's head. Is this the "fingerprint"?

Since you already have notes (which I obviously was not groking at the time) means that the book has already been sent to get graded, come back, and you have the notes?  Sorry I might be confused.

It is a very nice book,

Did you use the tracking tool during your submission to see that this book was actually at CCS and cleaning/pressing was ‘in process’? If not, I would recommend, from my own experience, at least contacting CGC to ensure the book was pressed. They have been known to skip that crucial step on occasion. If it was skipped they should allow a free re-submission. If it wasn’t skipped then I guess a couple fingerprints are a much bigger hit than anyone thought…, I would have also put it in the 9 range.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:40 PM, Eric C M said:

Did you use the tracking tool during your submission to see that this book was actually at CCS and cleaning/pressing was ‘in process’? If not, I would recommend, from my own experience, at least contacting CGC to ensure the book was pressed. They have been known to skip that crucial step on occasion. If it was skipped they should allow a free re-submission. If it wasn’t skipped then I guess a couple fingerprints are a much bigger hit than anyone thought…, I would have also put it in the 9 range.

I did see it at pressing for a while.

On 8/3/2023 at 3:15 PM, redgar-red said:

"fingerprints breaks color" -- that's one I have not seen.

You can press a book more than once -- I do it all the time.  After the third time, it's probably not going to get better.  If I pressed this book and you showed this to me I would have re-pressed no charge.

There are just a couple of things that should have (easily) popped out.  Referring to the picture annotations from @JollyComics if your book has already been pressed then I would have expected:

1. The crease above the Credits Box to be gone.

2. The crease on thte right side of her cape to be gone.

3. The small issues should have come out/off with light cleaning.

4. The spine ticks should be much softer... not necessarily gone, but softer.

5. The biggest issue that I see is the color rub above Poison Ivy's head. Is this the "fingerprint"?

Since you already have notes (which I obviously was not groking at the time) means that the book has already been sent to get graded, come back, and you have the notes?  Sorry I might be confused.

It is a very nice book,

Thank you for the information, I can see at lot of these have gone.

And I'm not sure if this is normal, after quality control it seemed to go back to encapsulation, is it possible they changed the case?
The comic has arrived to me today and it has some debris and a scratch that the book did not have in the images provided.

I will drop some photo's in.