• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superhero fatigue - is it real or does it come down to good storytelling?
2 2

83 posts in this topic

“It’s an interesting moment where everybody has to go like, ‘OK – what now?’ Hopefully from that, somebody either breathes new life into [comic book movies], or something else blossoms which is not superheroes,” Dano recently told The Independent when asked about superhero fatigue. “I’m sure there will still be some good ones yet to come, but I think it’s kind of a welcome moment.”

Dano continued, “It’s a larger thing, too. As soon as the word ‘content’ came into what we do – meaning making movies or TV – it meant quantity over quality, which I think was a big misstep. And I certainly don’t need that as a viewer or as an artist.”

So why did “The Batman” not get affected by superhero fatigue? “There are enough comic book movies where you just know what you’re gonna get,” Dano said. “Reading the script for ‘The Batman,’ you knew it was a real film. Every sentence… that’s just Matt Reeves.”

On 3/4/2024 at 9:44 AM, Bosco685 said:

Going on 70 years I've still yet to experience Superhero fatigue. I have experienced smarmy turtleneck fatigue, however. GOD BLESS ...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

I'm watching Marvels right now, and am having trouble rationalizing all the hate. Skrulls and The Kree :cloud9: