• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM - Fantastic Four #5 - Is it worth sending in?
1 1

18 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a FF 5, and it has the front page ripped off in half, all the pages are there and it's actually not in bad condition apart from missing half of the front page.

Just curious if this would be worth sending in to get graded, and if any grade what would you think it would receive? Thanks for any feedback!

FF 5 C 2.jpg

FF 5 C.jpg

FF5 B.jpg

FF5.jpg

I wouldn't slab it unless you think it might have restoration.

You already know the grade it would get w/some certainty, so the only reason to spend all that time/money would be for a restoration check, since this is such a popular book it's pretty liquid if you ever need the dough.

All depends on what you deem "worthy". I think this is a book, as a 0.5, that regardless of the slab, probably holds the same value raw as it does slabbed. It is not like it is a 0.5 with a missing in side page (that might have some fluctuation in value and be worth grading). The main flaw here is half a missing cover which can be seen clear as day as is, or graded hence my reasoning for why it might not be worthwhile. But if you think grading it would automatically add value and that is your goal then go for it :) I just think it has more value if selling a decent reader copy for someone (looks in great shape otherwise, and you can still see most of Doom there!)

On 2/2/2023 at 5:47 AM, 1950's war comics said:

not worth sending in , it's 0.5  keep it in the Mylar but add a backing board and it will present nicely all things considered

This. Let whoever owns it next have the option to flip through it and smell the nostalgia or slab it. 

On 2/3/2023 at 12:39 AM, Bigboywilkins said:

Thanks for the info guys, just recently started to collect comic books so still learning some stuff. I also have ASM 3 I was considering too but I’m assuming it’s the same 0.5 grade.

CA51C436-338F-4CE8-B178-4CAF77E743F3.jpeg

07B1E7DB-1C79-4369-9CFB-671892175CF2.jpeg

.5 CGC can be sold for $1400+  1.0 CGC was sold for $1500.   Still a lot of money.