• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Current TAT vs TAT when recieved?
6 6

118 posts in this topic

On 5/5/2023 at 2:58 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I have been wondering what people's experience is with TATs on magazines. I guess I have my answer. I'm ordering some Mylites and fullbacks.

You should double up on your order, I can see a surge in demand for magazine storage supplies. LOL  

On 5/5/2023 at 1:27 PM, TegrityComics said:

You should double up on your order, I can see a surge in demand for magazine storage supplies. LOL  

Man, you’re probably right!

On 5/5/2023 at 8:27 PM, TegrityComics said:

What is supply like now? Last time I heard it was almost as bad as magazine TAT'S. 

On 5/6/2023 at 2:24 PM, batmiesta said:

What is supply like now? Last time I heard it was almost as bad as magazine TAT'S. 

Supplies are dwindling as we speak. Found plenty of raw books on this wonderful FCBD. Also believe that TATS do not mean the same thing to CGC as it does to its customers.

On 4/20/2023 at 6:41 PM, Sniezyk said:

I'm not sure why you put it on hold. I was told by CGC they are currently working on last years orders at this time, then January, February, etc. There isn't a snowballs chance in hell those new TAT's are accurate. 

I guess you are correct... They didn't live up to what they keep stating on finishing up the backlog. They also shipped out my mechanical order when my account was on a shipping hold LOL. They had been able to delay it in transit and sent it to me the day I got back. FYI, FedEx put the box by my garbage cans and didn't get a signature. I LIVE IN NYC!!!. My son had found it when putting out garbage. 

During the last phone call to CS to remove the Shipping Hold, they stated that they plan to finish the backlog between 5/1 and 5/12. This was on 5/5.

I also found something interesting on the Better Business Bureau site. Sounds like a bunch of us have the same problem... Maybe we have to go this route...

BBB-CGC.thumb.PNG.ae3d343d94ecd44376b7c856ad967d5a.PNG

On 4/18/2023 at 4:08 PM, Ron C. said:

I am still waiting on 15 Magazines (Modern, no press) since 6/6/22. They have been at Grading for a month or so.

Still at Grading......:tumbleweed:

On 5/10/2023 at 5:06 PM, Ron C. said:

Still at Grading......:tumbleweed:

I hope you get it soon.

For reference I got both my orders already; an In-House signing order from April, and a single standard tier signature book sent in 9/2022 through a facilitator. So it should be soon. 🤞

I had a Standard (now High Value) invoice get entered 3/17, posted TAT was down to 15 days by mid April.  No movement on the invoice by late April, I contacted CGC and was told due to delays in new case and then a label issue the process was behind schedule and would be caught up by May. Went to GEI 5/8, Grading/QC 5/16 and shipped 5/17.  I was told again this week that the year+ long backlog was being caught up, it would be nice if they didn't set expectations on current TATs with incorrect numbers.

Here is my post (pending approval) on the Ask CGC thread:

Hello. I have 15 magazines sent out in late April 2022 (no CCS), received 6/6/22 and now have been stuck at grading for months. I know you redid the magazine slabs, but you now have a TAT of 60 days and FT at 10 days for Moderns.

I know of ST mags sent in early 2023 that are already shipped back. Why are our books still at the back of the line?

Gee Ron that is funny... I sent this on Friday morning and it is still waiting on approval.

Hello, it has been yet another month since I was told a couple of weeks more...

Can I please have an update on my Magazine Submission # 4153891?

It has been sitting at G/E/I since 12/1/2022. I do know all about the many issues that caused the delay and to a certain degree I totally understand the backlog.

The issue I have is that new orders are processing through your system but yet mine and other customers are still waiting for orders. The TAT shows 15 days since middle of April I am at 120 days

Please see below... Customer placed order middle of March and received his order already ???

Thank you for your help...

TAT Thread Standard Order.PNG

On 6/2/2023 at 11:53 PM, batmiesta said:

I just checked the magazine TAT's, 30 day's, does anyone know if this is anywhere near the actual time? If so, I might be tempted to send some in. :popcorn:

I will be at a year july 1. Try CBCS