• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Studios' SUPERMAN written & directed by James Gunn (2025)
3 3

277 posts in this topic

Very good casting so I'm excited; Corenswet been decent before (but still very much an 'unknown' so I'm sure that will help with building the character and separating him from Snyders) but besides that I think his body type is more in line with what I see superman as (including being taller than the previous Superman)

On 6/27/2023 at 7:13 PM, drotto said:

That would be so much better than what we got with Jesse Eisenburg.  Henry Cavill was an excellent Superman but no one could make up for that Luthor performance. 

On 6/28/2023 at 3:36 AM, Larryw7 said:

Luthor again. I don't mind him as a supporting character, but they need to use other villains too. Eight Superman movies since 1978, and we still haven't seen Brainiac.

The SYFY Channel's Krypton series made that a reality with a super-creepy Brainiac focused more on technology than life.

On 6/27/2023 at 11:56 PM, drotto said:

Great series, great actress, and she reminds me of an Irish girl I had a thing for during high school, so I thoroughly approve of the casting.

Works for me.

My wife got me hooked on Mrs Maisel. One of the few TV series I have enjoyed over the last several years (I am apathetic to most everything I watch it seems). Brosnahan was great in the series but Alex Borstein stole the show IMO. 

Can’t believe their going with another iteration of Luther instead of Brainiac. With all the uproar over AI now you’d think using him would be so obvious  and topical it’s a slam dunk. I don’t know the new Superman beyond the little bit I saw him in Pearl but I’m sure Gunn chose well, He’s never whiffed on casting going back to Slither so I trust him. We’ll just have to see how big an appetite crowds have for Superman 4.0

I have an awesome idea for a Superman movie involving Brainiac. I have all of the basic concepts written. That being said, the ending would probably be received the same as Man of Steel, because some fans cannot fathom Superman making a difficult choice. For whatever reason, people want him to win without consequence.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:12 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

I have an awesome idea for a Superman movie involving Brainiac. I have all of the basic concepts written. That being said, the ending would probably be received the same as Man of Steel, because some fans cannot fathom Superman making a difficult choice. For whatever reason, people want him to win without consequence.

The issue isn't that we don't want him to make difficult choices, it is rather that we haven't had a good deal of time being shown him making the easy ones. We need far more time spent with him easily solving issues without fighting and no violence, and being a positive beacon of hope to citizens around him. Going out of his way to stop damage to cities when fighting, save a cat from a tree, help an old woman cross the street, stop a robber by casually bending the gun of the criminal and casually carrying them to the police (with zero violence against them since he knows it isn't needed, or wanted, in this case). Basically show us how often he avoids the difficult choices because he can.

Consequences are good when they are better contrasted against the character. By the time Man of Steel ended I didn't feel that the killing was at all out of place or really a big deal for that Superman.

On 6/28/2023 at 8:58 AM, Sauce Dog said:

The issue isn't that we don't want him to make difficult choices, it is rather that we haven't had a good deal of time being shown him making the easy ones. We need far more time spent with him easily solving issues without fighting and no violence, and being a positive beacon of hope to citizens around him. Going out of his way to stop damage to cities when fighting, save a cat from a tree, help an old woman cross the street, stop a robber by casually bending the gun of the criminal and casually carrying them to the police (with zero violence against them since he knows it isn't needed, or wanted, in this case). Basically show us how often he avoids the difficult choices because he can.

Consequences are good when they are better contrasted against the character. By the time Man of Steel ended I didn't feel that the killing was at all out of place or really a big deal for that Superman.

Going job-to-job saving people from basic disasters sounds like "easy" choices to me.