• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC Studios' SUPERMAN written & directed by James Gunn (2025)
3 3

277 posts in this topic

On 7/11/2023 at 7:42 PM, Axelrod said:

Looks like they didn't learn the lesson.  

I'm sure these aren't going to be main characters, and might only appear very briefly, akin to how Aquaman/Cyborg/Flash "appeared" in Batman vs. Superman.  But that kind of character "seeding" (look, it's an expanded universe!) just isn't effective.  We, the audience, are over it.  

They really need to focus on the story at hand, and not try to amaze us with the whole expanded universe thing they are trying to create right out of the gate. 

Like, if they think this announcement is supposed to get people excited about their movie, it suggests they still have no clue what an audience actually wants. 

Which is sad, because I think Gunn usually does know what an audience wants, at least most of the time.   But he's certainly not perfect.  

Maybe he can still pull it off.  I do hope so. 

Gunn is probably the best person for the job

On 12/8/2023 at 5:35 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

I was hoping Braniac. Now if they had that Lex Luthor from Smallville I would be all in. 

I want the Brainiac from Superman Animated. Same design, same voice (where's Corey Burton these days?).

roy-hakim-brainiac.jpg

Edited by Chip Cataldo