• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Which Pokémon edition is this booster pack from?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

I’m not a Pokémon collector so please forgive me if this is an obvious question. 

This booster has been sitting unopened in a blister pack for two decades. The back shows (C) 1999 Wizards of the Coast, but there is no “1st Edition” logo that I’ve seen on other booster packs from that first set. Is this from the “Unlimited” set?

Thanks for any help!

94367D74-9F4A-4E08-93BF-2553DDC3DFE9.jpeg

457E7DB4-2528-419B-9354-9B2838F6A690.jpeg

FE8C4D07-BDB1-43C1-B23D-5C85744F8919.jpeg

Yes this is a unlimited pack you have. The 1st edition stamp on the pack art would be beside the word GAME and the 3 playing cards. A quick Google search will show you an example of a 1st edition pack.

Very nice item you have BTW. It's a keeper for sure since it's charizard pack art work. Brings a little more money.

It may also be a shadowless pack. Maybe others can chime in with any insight on this. I'm not too sure what to look for when it comes to figuring that out...

Edited by HomeGrownPoke1

On 2/2/2023 at 3:25 PM, HomeGrownPoke1 said:

Yes this is a unlimited pack you have. The 1st edition stamp on the pack art would be beside the word GAME and the 3 playing cards. A quick Google search will show you an example of a 1st edition pack.

Very nice item you have BTW. It's a keeper for sure since it's charizard pack art work. Brings a little more money.

It may also be a shadowless pack. Maybe others can chime in with any insight on this. I'm not too sure what to look for when it comes to figuring that out...

Appreciate the help!

Looking more closely, the pack does appear different than other unlimited boosters I see from google. The font on the bottom differs and the “trading card game” label is just below  “Pokémon” on the unlimited packs. 

27DC880D-8D7C-488F-AD5A-1E47BD22DB40.jpeg

C9CE3972-49D4-4D71-B306-F9D1CDA93A1D.jpeg

• Administrator

Hello,

The difference is due to the fact that your pack is from the earlier "Shadowless" print run, making it much more valuable. 

Paul

On 2/9/2023 at 12:07 AM, Iceman399 said:

@RLL as Paul mentioned this is from the shadowless print run however as it's only a short crimp (where the top and bottom of the pack are sealed) it's not guaranteed to be shadowless as part of the print ended up being unlimited. 

@Iceman399 Thanks, that’s definitely helpful to know. I’m not going to open it to find out! 😂