• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the best way to sell dollar comic books around 5,000-7,500 of them?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

I put ten boxes of dollar comics on Craigs List and had a number of people show up. I sold a few hundred at $1 each, a few hundred more for about seventy cents and then sold the last six boxes for $100 a box. 

I was very pleased with the results. I had two different people drive over three hours to look at them.

MCS is a great option for some books, but I doubt they will even make an offer on a collection like this. 

All those are good ways. I give them to my dealer friend. He treats me good so he can have them but will usually pick me up a book or take me out. You could sell at a show yourself. If you have a garage sale just advertise it well. Whatever doesn't sell you do the social media sale. I would make sure no books are shipped unless you buy 20 50 or more. It's free money but you don't want to have to work for it. 

On 2/3/2023 at 9:49 AM, Ryan. said:

Contact MyComicShop 

Is this a thing? will they take thousands and thousands of dollar books? 

I’m intrigued 

On 2/3/2023 at 10:15 PM, revat said:

I’m intrigued 

They have local buying partners pretty much everywhere in the country that would check out the collection and confirm that the books really are just dollar books. If the collection is nothing but Malibu and Acclaim stuff like that then the seller would be pointed to mycomicshop.com to check out their online want list site for individual look ups. It's tedious but I've sold them many many drek books using that system for more than a dollar each.

Edited by Ryan.

On 2/3/2023 at 10:15 PM, revat said:

I’m intrigued 

No, they tell you to check their "Want List" which shows which books they are looking for, the condition they are willing to accept and the price they are willing to pay for each book.

I sent them a list of the 2000 books my Son was/is selling and that was their reply and these were not all dollar books, originally we had a dealer come look at the lot, we wanted $2000.00 for the entire lot, he offered $800.00, we declined. He also says that for dollar books he will only pay a maximum of 5 cents each, said he sells boxes of dollar books at shows to other dealers for $10.00 a box.

I do not actually list his books for sale, I wait to see what folks are looking for on the "Sales Allowed" Facebook Groups and if I have it, I post it.

In two years we have sold about 300 books for about $3000.00.

Lot them up and offer them at discounts, there are people who do buy drek (I am one of them). You can sort by titles, or for lower end stuff by company (Malibu, Defiant, etc). You can fit about 50 books in a medium flat rate box and you should have some victims interested at around $40 shipped ($25 for the comics, $15 for shipping). Once you sell out of what people are willing to over pay for, then discount to $75 a long box for local pickup only.

I started selling on these boards with $1.00 books. I sold tens of thousand of books (long boxes at a time) that way. 

It started slowly, but once it got going I was getting requests for books. Try selling a few books with nice scans and see where it goes. 

On 2/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, shadroch said:

I was very pleased with the results. I had two different people drive over three hours to look at them.

Hi, Shad:

Would you mind if I ask: what town or part of the country was this in?

On 2/19/2023 at 2:02 PM, fiendish said:

Hi, Shad:

Would you mind if I ask: what town or part of the country was this in?

SE Arizona.  Bisbee, to be exact.  Had two people come down from the Phoenix area. Several came from Tucson, which is 100 miles, while Phoenix is 200 plus.