• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic theft
10 10

86 posts in this topic

On 2/9/2023 at 8:45 AM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

To the OP: do you know if there were other units broken into? If not, and I’m sorry to ask this, but do you have any disgruntled ex-employees?

8 other storerooms were broken into.  Don't be sorry asking,  I do not have any employees,  haven't had one in a very very long time.  He wouldn't have known about this unit since I didn't have it when he worked for me.  People that work for me at shows are either family or have worked for me for a very very long time.  

Edited by blazingbob

On 2/9/2023 at 11:16 AM, Chief1332 said:

Such a terrible occurrence.  Best wishes for full recovery or restitution.  Motion activated recording devices will soon be going into my applicable locations.

A Ring Camera is an easy to install and relatively inexpensive solution... it chimes on your cell phone when there's motion, provides live and recorded video, and even allows you to talk through it in real time to your loser criminal.

On 2/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, EastEnd1 said:

A Ring Camera is an easy to install and relatively inexpensive solution... it chimes on your cell phone when there's motion, provides live and recorded video, and even allows you to talk through it in real time to your loser criminal.

I am looking into ring or trail cameras that are motion detection and notification to your cell phone.  

Hopefully, some of the internet sleuths here can track some of this inventory down.

I often wonder how much of this theft is private collections, and how much of it is theft for resale.

In your case, since there were multiple lockers broken into, it may be theft for resale. Hopefully, they are dumb enough to start posting some of it on eBay.

On 2/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, blazingbob said:

I am looking into ring or trail cameras that are motion detection and notification to your cell phone.  

I have them all over the place, but sometimes the information doesn't come to your phone that quickly. You do have access to the pictures, but talking to people, not so easy.

I know this because my family is always yelling "HI" and leaves before I can answer.

On 2/9/2023 at 12:45 PM, skypinkblu said:

I have them all over the place, but sometimes the information doesn't come to your phone that quickly. You do have access to the pictures, but talking to people, not so easy.

Check your wifi signal... I've found that the talk feature works well if you have a strong wifi signal, but yes, less-well when the signal is weak.

On 2/9/2023 at 1:00 PM, EastEnd1 said:

Check your wifi signal... I've found that the talk feature works well if you have a strong wifi signal, but yes, less-well when the signal is weak.

True, works fine in my house, not so great from my car...but I do have the videos.

horrible, I hope it all works out well but even the stress is unfair and ridiculous

I wish the laughing emojis were not removed, when people tell you who they are you should listen but now I have no idea

too many less than genuine posters, it is disgusting

not nearly as disgusting as the theft of course. Thanks for posting details and identifying info.

Edited by Bird