• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Steve Borock joins CLink?
3 3

56 posts in this topic

On 11/26/2023 at 10:51 AM, alexgross.com said:

agreed. comicconnects site is apparently much more modern and takes 9 minutes to load each page. 

however if theres one thing Borock can do at Clink, its add rear cover scans on at least any book over $100 value. not that hard. heritage does it. the last time i emailed them about a back cover scan, someone said they'd send it over, then they didn't. and they've gotten dozens of thousands of dollars from me over the years. that's an F in my book.  

I agree that back cover scans would be great. I think they now add them at certain dollar values but I'm not sure what the cutoff is. 

On 11/26/2023 at 9:09 PM, musicmeta said:

forty dollars?

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not? lol

I would think it would be higher than that. I personally wouldn't scan a back cover on a $40 book. 

On 11/26/2023 at 8:24 PM, VintageComics said:

I'm not sure if that's a joke or not? lol

I would think it would be higher than that. I personally wouldn't scan a back cover on a $40 book. 

I think - for me - it would depend on the seller’s grading ability. If I trusted the seller to grade accurately and disclose any issues the back cover might have. I’ve passed up plenty of $20 books with no back cover scan simply because it there’s a problem, I’ll be wasting more than $20 of my time trying to get my $20 back on a misgraded book.

I’ve not bought raw from CLink, but I religiously check graders notes on slabs - if there was ever a severe notation on the back cover, I’d be requesting it. But I haven’t run into that scenario yet.

On 11/26/2023 at 10:38 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I’ve not bought raw from CLink, but I religiously check graders notes on slabs - if there was ever a severe notation on the back cover, I’d be requesting it. But I haven’t run into that scenario yet.

I don't even think Clink sells raw books anymore, do they?

On 11/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, comicstock said:

Once in awhile, they'll slip a few in there...

I think they even reserve that for exceptional books.  

It must be owners saying "no slab thank you".  Comiclink take raw books all the time, to be slabbed, and listed.  

On 2/24/2023 at 8:37 PM, Paul © ® ™💙 said:

Is there anyone who Borock has not worked for in the Comic Book Business?

Umm...maybe Danny Dupcak? :shiftyeyes: