• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cam Kennedy Original Star Wars Batman Lobo Judge Dredd & more art once again available!
2 2

26 posts in this topic

Hey all!

Just wanted to share the news that Cam Kennedy is once again selling his original art through mail order after years of only selling it at shows! I just got some pages this past week and they are absolutely GORGEOUS! Fully painted and just stunning.

Given what some of his Star Wars art has hit at Comic Link and Heritage auctions, the pricing is very fair for what you get and he has a surprising amount of stellar pages left!

Hit the link here to check it out: https://camkennedyart.wixsite.com/kennywho/art-for-sale

Please note that you have to email them to see what pages are still available from the list and if the pricing is the same.

Enjoy!

35bc5b_63bae10b0c83445fb8ed865f1a7ec287~mv2_d_2625_3860_s_4_2.jpg

On 2/13/2023 at 7:33 AM, The Voord said:

Just a gentle heads-up . . . you're posting in the wrong forum, should be in the marketplace.

I am not actively selling anything though... and since his art rarely comes up for sale online, I kinda felt it was more newsworthy that it was going to be back in the marketplace than it was about sharing a sales post.

And since this was my first post, it actually had to be approved by an Admin, so I think it might be okay here. :)

Thanks!

On 2/10/2023 at 9:22 AM, sallah4life said:

Hey all!

Just wanted to share the news that Cam Kennedy is once again selling his original art through mail order after years of only selling it at shows! I just got some pages this past week and they are absolutely GORGEOUS! Fully painted and just stunning.

Given what some of his Star Wars art has hit at Comic Link and Heritage auctions, the pricing is very fair for what you get and he has a surprising amount of stellar pages left!

Hit the link here to check it out: https://camkennedyart.wixsite.com/kennywho/art-for-sale

Please note that you have to email them to see what pages are still available from the list and if the pricing is the same.

Enjoy!

35bc5b_63bae10b0c83445fb8ed865f1a7ec287~mv2_d_2625_3860_s_4_2.jpg

I clicked the link you shared and then had to navigate three more links to get to a price/availability page that ends in a "404" broken link. 

Is there another way to get to a price list? 

On 3/25/2023 at 2:05 PM, comix4fun said:

I clicked the link you shared and then had to navigate three more links to get to a price/availability page that ends in a "404" broken link. 

Is there another way to get to a price list? 

This seems to me to be a scam. I clicked on the link, too, and questioned why it took me to other sites and then to nowhere and the OP sent the same link that took me to the same places all over again.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:17 PM, Michael Browning said:

This seems to me to be a scam. I clicked on the link, too, and questioned why it took me to other sites and then to nowhere and the OP sent the same link that took me to the same places all over again.

I just found prices on a page marked Master List. On the bottom there is a sentence marked Google document with a hyperlink to a spreadsheet called Master List.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:11 PM, Rick2you2 said:

I just found prices on a page marked Master List. On the bottom there is a sentence marked Google document with a hyperlink to a spreadsheet called Master List.

I still don’t trust the guy posting nor the websites. He hasn’t been on here since posting this and the website link taking me to a link and to another link doesn’t make me confident that it’s not a scam.

On 3/27/2023 at 7:22 AM, Michael Browning said:

I still don’t trust the guy posting nor the websites. He hasn’t been on here since posting this and the website link taking me to a link and to another link doesn’t make me confident that it’s not a scam.

Definitely not a scam and I am honestly kind of offended on the implication. All I did was share news man... You are the only person I have spoken to that hasn't been able to navigate the site. While it is an old Wix site, it is legit and just takes a little effort to sort through it.

I personally bought multiple pages and a cover. I have them at my house right now. Zero scam involved.

The simple fact is that they were absolutely overwhelmed with requests once news of the sales went online. Last I heard from the rep handling the sales, they were doing their best to sort through them all and figure out the best way to handle the huge demand.

On 3/25/2023 at 7:17 PM, Michael Browning said:

This is actually what I sent you (word for word as I copied and pasted the message) when you messaged saying you were confused on where the link took you and you said it was a Kenny Chesney site:

Hmm... "Kenny Who?" is the header at the site but it shouldn't be a Kenny Chesney site. I just tried the link again and it does take you to the Cam page: https://camkennedyart.wixsite.com/kennywho/art-for-sale

Here is a link to one of the Boba Fett issues in case that one still doesn't work: https://camkennedyart.wixsite.com/kennywho/bobafett

There is a link to a google doc on that page listing all the pages and pricing (though availability and prices may have changed since it was made as it is a very old list). You can email them through that page for availability.

I am not sure what else I can offer to do to navigate you through their site... but I definitely don't appreciate the scammer inference for a guy that just tried to help you.

Edited by sallah4life

On 3/27/2023 at 10:12 AM, fonebone6166 said:

I received an email back from Cam's rep who said that the master list seen on the website was updated.  I emailed him back about some pages to purchase ... but no reply back since.  (shrug)

@fonebone6166 or anyone else who inquired, has anyone heard back yet?  I also haven't heard back recently.  I did get their initial email indicating the pages i wanted were still available, but nothing since.

Like an earlier post mentioned too, I'm sure they have been inundated...

On 3/31/2023 at 4:53 PM, brownies8701 said:

@fonebone6166 or anyone else who inquired, has anyone heard back yet?  I also haven't heard back recently.  I did get their initial email indicating the pages i wanted were still available, but nothing since.

I would maybe send another email to check-in if you haven’t already. I am in the EST timezone and seem to have the most luck getting replies weekdays in the early AM, so you may want to try then?

I think there is an early buyer looking at picking up a large number of pages at once… so everything may be in a holding pattern to see where that goes before replying to everyone on what is left. I am not sure- this is just what I am inferring from conversation, but it would explain the delay (coupled with the flood of requests to even sort through).

Hopefully you guys will hear something soon! I feel incredibly lucky to get the pages that I did for sure… They are well worth the struggle if you snag any!

On 3/31/2023 at 4:53 PM, brownies8701 said:

I have not heard back still...

On 4/6/2023 at 6:43 AM, Shemp said:

I inquired the day (2/11) sallah4life posted. I went through the master list, scoped out the pieces I wanted. Followed instructions, made sure it was available, made clear what i wanted and the price. I was ready to purchase just waiting for confirmation from them.  Received an email 2/15 thanking me for the inquiry and that they were inundated with requests, they would process requests in order. That's it, that was the last email.

Until today! Pages were confirmed available and ready to purchase! 

A success story.

Please let us know when they arrive. As much trouble as people have had with the site, I wouldn’t consider it a success until the pages are in-hand.

On 4/6/2023 at 8:36 AM, Michael Browning said:

Please let us know when they arrive. As much trouble as people have had with the site, I wouldn’t consider it a success until the pages are in-hand.

An apology from you would nice when they do I would said, no? 

There is zero reason to think that they won’t show up in perfect order. They have done nothing to support your accusations of scamming. Anybody that got through AND got to the payment stage early on, has their pages. I’ve shown you pictures of mine in hand. Making a person who has paid now think it may still be a scam with zero proof to back it up just is not cool.

You may think that it isn't any big deal to label people as scammers with no proof... but it is. That word leaves an impression with people... regardless if there is no proof of wrongdoing. The only thing they have been guilty of is a delay in responding to inquiries. That's it. They haven't changed prices, or taken money without producing product, or sold pieces out from under anyone. None of that. So for you to label them (and me) as scammers is ludicrous and damaging. Folks carry that word with them ("oh yeah... didn't I read something about them scamming people somewhere?")- so for you to just toss it around in here because you had trouble with their web page I feel is beyond uncalled for, and I hope that the admins step in and take action on it.

I look forward to him posting the arrival of his pages.

Edited by sallah4life

On 4/6/2023 at 3:43 AM, Shemp said:

I inquired the day (2/11) sallah4life posted. I went through the master list, scoped out the pieces I wanted. Followed instructions, made sure it was available, made clear what i wanted and the price. I was ready to purchase just waiting for confirmation from them.  Received an email 2/15 thanking me for the inquiry and that they were inundated with requests, they would process requests in order. That's it, that was the last email.

Until today! Pages were confirmed available and ready to purchase! 

A success story.

Pages were confirmed available and ready to purchase on 4/6. Payment was made on 4/8 using paypal goods and services with NO added % to cover fees (only mention that because everyone now ask, even some dealers, to cover fees when paying with goods and services) Art arrived 4/26. Pages look great!

A success story. My thanks to the Kennedy's and Mark.