• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Finally...an Alex Ross signing
3 3

97 posts in this topic

On 5/24/2023 at 3:03 PM, StillOnly25Cents said:

Ross has not signed yet and is scheduled to start doing so next week

anything with pressing services will have a "received at CCS" status (until they rebrand their message) and anything without will have a "scheduled for grading" status

It would make more sense if CGC would just send out an AUTO email once the submitted books have been entered into the system.

"Greetings, thank you for your submission to XXXXX signature series event.  The books will be listed as XXXXXX status on the CGC website until the signing occurs, at which time it may take between 5-10 business days after the signing occurs to move the next status.  Generally, the signing events occur between 1 to 6 months after the submission cutoff day, and there might be multiple signing days spread over a period of time.  Please check social media of CGC and the artist/creators for potential updates.  Not all signings will be officially and publicly announced as they occur.  Thank you for your patience.  An automated email will be sent to you notifying you when ALL books (from all submitters) from this signing have been signed.  If you have any additional questions, please contact XXXXX.  "  

On 5/10/2023 at 9:09 PM, Scott Wendland said:

Good reason to be worried - my SS just came back and was downgraded from 9.8 to 9.6 with grader notes saying "very light crunch left bottom of front cover through book." So incredibly disappointing since I sent them an encapsulated 9.8. Not sure where the accountability lies with CGC screwing up books in their possession. I digress...

I've gotten several books back that were downloaded.  I don't send books in to them anymore.  My Batman 400 now has a chipped corner and that was after submitting at a con.  Went fron 9.6 to 9.4.  I wont give them window bags when they crack my yellow labels anymore.  I give them regular mylite2 bags with boards.  Just put them in and I'll transfer them to thw window bag.  I've lost trust in them now.  Punisher War journal 1 9.8 to 9.6, Justice League America 1 (1987) 98 to 96, Six million dollar man 2 90 to 85 amd others that I slip my mind right now, but I've lost trust.  Maybe it's the people in the back at the shows that don't pay attention or maybe the graders.  I know several years back they used to open the slabs in the open and I watched a guy flappin his mouth while crackin open a slab and all I thought was I'm glad it's not my book, now they hide behind the drapes and I don't think that's any better cause my books still got ruined.  Like I said just put them in the bag and I'll handle the rest

I agree.  CGC needs to own their work, accept ownership of previous 9.8 grades, etc.   

If a book is merely cracked and signed -- then slabbed -- it should get the same grade as it came in with.   

If the book is submitted with a request for pressing as well as a signature - it should be graded again.  Only people hoping up the grade are paying for pressing.

It makes ZERO sense books get downgraded.

On 6/8/2023 at 2:36 AM, PDidds said:

I agree.  CGC needs to own their work, accept ownership of previous 9.8 grades, etc.   

If a book is merely cracked and signed -- then slabbed -- it should get the same grade as it came in with.   

If the book is submitted with a request for pressing as well as a signature - it should be graded again.  Only people hoping up the grade are paying for pressing.

It makes ZERO sense books get downgraded.

so say I have a book previously graded a 9.8 by CGC that I have let sit in the sun and now the cover is visibly faded and I send it in to merely be cracked and signed, is it still your belief it makes zero sense for it to be downgraded? /advocate of the devil

On 6/9/2023 at 3:09 PM, Kendawg11 said:

Any updates ? Did he get the signatures done or is it a round two? Status hasn't changed in a while for my books ? 

It can take several weeks after a signing has occurred before any movement is seen, especially with popular creators. I had some Frank Miller books done at his most recent in-house signing and I didn’t see them move to GEI for a month. They were not pressed.

On 6/25/2023 at 6:00 PM, Kendawg11 said:

Still waiting:( can anyone from cgc help me out ?? I sent mine soooo long ago 

what kind of help are you in need of?
Ross signed starting the last week of May

estimated turnaround time for grading (no press) is 6 weeks

they are still within that window

it matters not when you sent the book in

patience