• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

YouTuber kicked out of 2 Comic Shops, Leaves Negative Reviews
1 1

165 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2023 at 7:52 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Strap on comic bro gives me the ick like serious boomer level cringe bro. I mean bro clearly was triggered, toxic anxiety bro in his search for keys. Keys bro. So dumb. Beta male hide behind his camera bro - it wasn't him bro - it's his self diagnosis bro - it's carte blanche for his bad behavior. Spluh! Totes imposter syndrome. Red flags every where. So typs that bro resorts to gaslighting. I hope he gets therapy yaaaaah

6BADE98B-9AC5-45D1-A891-D15781367A65.gif.73ad121dcf74edf6c7766a28ee6baec6.gif

On 2/20/2023 at 7:52 AM, oldmilwaukee6er said:

Strap on comic bro gives me the ick like serious boomer level cringe bro. I mean bro clearly was triggered, toxic anxiety bro in his search for keys. Keys bro. So dumb. Beta male hide behind his camera bro - it wasn't him bro - it's his self diagnosis bro - it's carte blanche for his bad behavior. Spluh! Totes imposter syndrome. Red flags every where. So typs that bro resorts to gaslighting. I hope he gets therapy yaaaaah

English ?

I would have trouble stifling a laugh if I heard someone walk into a comic store and ask where the "keys" are.  That really stuck out to me when I watched the video, especially when he was in the stores that were not primarily focused on comics.  He also seemed to expect every store to have (at the very least) an AF15 or Hulk 181 stashed away somewhere.

Did he just watch a few YouTube videos and start collecting comics last week...?  :screwy:

His video was entertaining to me in all the wrong ways, but I fully recognize that I'm being a condescending jerk.  :whistle:

On 2/22/2023 at 3:35 PM, Dr. Balls said:

This comment is one part genius, one part Chris Claremont cramming all the young folks lingo into one page in an X-men comic.

I couldn't understand it because I needed a British English translation, but the Cliff Notes sorted that out.

I was thinking more along the lines of an unintelligible Bob Haney SA Teen Titans comic rather than Claremont dialogue.  Same effect.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 2/17/2023 at 4:10 PM, Bookery said:

And not even in the parking lot if the lot is part of the rent or ownership of the shop.  I pay $10k per year in property tax... you don't get to do business on my property for free. And, as I said before... you may see me turn down a given batch of books... but you have no idea if that's a one off, or whether I have an ongoing relationship with that seller.  To insert yourself into the business of a customer you would have had no way of meeting if you weren't reaping the benefits of my physical location and all of the advertising and good-will it has built over decades is a big no.  You want to be a wheeler-dealer... get your own shop, run it the way you want to, file all of your tax forms (110 of them per year in my case), and in general put in the work.  

I assuming some sort of mini mall scenario with a shared parking lot. If it is your property that's different

On 2/17/2023 at 9:13 PM, jcjames said:

Same. 

And I would love to spend 3-4 hours digging through random boxes of books at an LCS I've never been. The thrill of the hunt and serendipitous discoveries are always a good time for me. 

Those random boxes are where you find the treasure!!!!

On 2/23/2023 at 3:41 PM, FlyingDonut said:

My question is does this guy actually like comics?

In fairness, he did seem genuinely stoked to pick up a copy of FF 112 for his collection, despite grumbling at the same time about the trade he made to acquire it. 

On 2/17/2023 at 5:17 PM, Courageous Cat said:

I might be in the minority here. I don't mind his videos and I enjoy seeing what folks are selling in shops or cons. I would however suggest just wear a flannel or button down shirt and place your phone in the breast pocket. High quality phones can produce some fine quality videos. I personally hate post bronze books, but his videos aren't all that troubling IMO

You need to re-think your opinion on him.

It is business he is walking into and while in their store patronizing another customer about doing business with them, and basically does it again in the 2nd store.

There is no gray area here.  He is out completely of line and probably a d-bag in real life!

On 2/23/2023 at 4:38 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

You need to re-think your opinion on him.

It is business he is walking into and while in their store patronizing another customer about doing business with them, and basically does it again in the 2nd store.

There is no gray area here.  He is out completely of line and probably a d-bag in real life!

Both places that "threw him out" did so for hustling business for himself in their stores. That's a total d-bag move and will get you thrown out of most stores. I have thrown people out of my booths at conventions for doing that.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:02 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

In fairness, he did seem genuinely stoked to pick up a copy of FF 112 for his collection, despite grumbling at the same time about the trade he made to acquire it. 

I was he was a boardie so I could go back to SOT john from 2008! lol