• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Who has the worst comics seller's website?
3 3

75 posts in this topic

On 2/22/2023 at 11:14 AM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:
On 2/20/2023 at 9:02 AM, lizards2 said:

Let me know how that works out - I have never ordered from him before (that I can recall).

As others have noted, Doug Sulipa is great. I have ordered from him 10 plus times over many years, mid- and high grade copies, and every comic book has been as advertised. I have paid by check and once it has cleared the comic books have been mailed to me promptly and very securely packaged.

Wow - that website makes me physicall ill after about 5 minutes. I see lots of HG Baby Hueys though...., :drool:

On 2/20/2023 at 12:07 AM, Telegan said:

If you mean mycomicshop.com, have you tried hitting your <Home> and <End> keys on your keyboard?  I have no problems with their site, tbh.  I can find pretty much anything with relative ease on there, and the amount of information like pics and descriptions are awesome if just to learn from sometimes.

Like any website, once you get used to it, it becomes easier. That being said, I completely agree MCS website is not good. Probably not the worst, but just way too much on the home page, and the search results just have an awful look to them. Too much text...and too many books pop up that aren't available. Why are they showing up in my search results if they're not available?????? Odd.

On 2/22/2023 at 10:47 PM, Motor City Rob said:

Like any website, once you get used to it, it becomes easier. That being said, I completely agree MCS website is not good. Probably not the worst, but just way too much on the home page, and the search results just have an awful look to them. Too much text...and too many books pop up that aren't available. Why are they showing up in my search results if they're not available?????? Odd.

I don't use the <Home> or <End> buttons, tbh.  I just rip the scroll-wheel on the mouse. lol

As for the books/issues popping up that aren't available.  I'm guessing they do it because then it allows you to add it to the notify list if it does become available.  For example, if I wanted "The Tormented #2", and they didn't have it in stock (which they don't), I can just click the "Want List" and the grade I'm looking for and be notified when it comes in stock.  If you don't want to see stuff not available, then just click the "In Stock" tab after your search, and it shows you just the stuff in stock.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:23 AM, october said:

Interesting that people don't like Heritage. I want to browse all Golden Age offerings in a given auction and Heritage is the only one that lets me do that easily. CLink sometimes splits them out, but CC is a lost cause. I haven't looked at one of their auctions in years.

One thing I recall disliking about Heritage's search is that if I wanted to search for or filter only comics from the Golden Age AND Platinum Age, they offered checkboxes, but you could only choose one.  So I couldn't say "return only Golden Age and Platinum Age" - it had to be one or the other, which I thought as odd.  I still think it did that as of an auction I looked at earlier this week.  So it became a scenario where I did all my filter criteria for Golden Age comics... then went back and did the same for Platinum Age and looked through those.  Not too taxing, but still quirky/annoying.

Edited by Telegan

On 2/22/2023 at 3:05 PM, shadroch said:

No. MCS is a horrible site people should avoid at all costs.  It's way too easy to navigate and far too informative to fall into the hands of  the people.

MCS is not very intuitive for a first-time user. But, like most everything else, becomes easier the more you use it. Many have just become comfortable with it over the years and know how to use the features. But, it's far from a great website. 

On 2/23/2023 at 4:18 PM, Motor City Rob said:

MCS is not very intuitive for a first-time user. But, like most everything else, becomes easier the more you use it. Many have just become comfortable with it over the years and know how to use the features. But, it's far from a great website. 

It has been my go to site for several years.  Your mileage may vary. 

On 2/22/2023 at 12:14 PM, Tec-Tac-Toe said:

As others have noted, Doug Sulipa is great. I have ordered from him 10 plus times over many years, mid- and high grade copies, and every comic book has been as advertised. I have paid by check and once it has cleared the comic books have been mailed to me promptly and very securely packaged.

Sulipa is top notch.  Excellent grader and easy to deal with.  His website is from the stone age.

On 2/23/2023 at 7:21 PM, thehumantorch said:

Sulipa is top notch.  Excellent grader and easy to deal with.  His website is from the stone age.

Yes! I imagine as I do, you email your want list and Doug quickly responds with what he has available, including the respective grade and price.

A friend runs a small auction business in Vegas.  He had a website that was in desperate need of updating and he finally committed to  it.  Months late and thousands of dollars over budget, it launched a few weeks ago and in my opinion looks worse than before, although it is slightly easier to navigate. 

On 2/25/2023 at 1:41 PM, blazingbob said:

Which happens when you let the programmer design it and not get input from users.  

Developers think like developers,  users take many paths to do essentially the same thing.  

Websites should all be about ease of use,  if you can't figure it out in 3 clicks or less they leave.

Some developers know what they're doing though, am I right?