• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dover's Sales Thread - CGC books Neal Adams and more
3 3

30 posts in this topic

Dover Sales Thread information.

Terms of sale: First “TAKE” claims in the thread wins the item over a PM offer. If I accept the offer in a PM and reply to you, then I will do my best to note the time and comment in the thread. However, disputes are settled by me. If you risk the PM offer, then there is a chance to be beaten to the sale.

Payments: PayPal / Check / Zelle or Money Order accepted.

Shipping: Using USPS, box in box method when applicable. Larger when necessary. I will track the shipment and note when received.

Continental 48 states. First slab is $18. Additional slabs are free.

Alaska / Hawaii & Canada will be exact shipping and to be determined. Please contact me for a quote. I will not lie on the customs form.

I will not sell to any Hall of Shamers or anyone on the Probation list.

Return Policy:

On CGC books, returns not accepted.

I have over 1,100 stars on E-Bay. I have more “buys” than “sells” but overall, I understand the process, I understand packing books and I know how I want to receive a package and that will be the goal.

Reserved - because that's what the cool kids do.

Phantom Stranger 18 CGC 9.4 OW-WP w Neal Adams cover and the classic "blonde" / $165.0  SOLD-SOLD-SOLD!!!

Superboy 160 CGC 9.6 OW-WP with Neal Adams cover. $375.0  SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

Conan 37 CGC 9.6 WP Neal Adams cover and art $125.0 SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

Edited by dover

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #119 CGC 9.4 OW pages from April 1969

$80.0

This book is the completer opposite of a Key. It is an un-key if that ever becomes a term. If you collect non-key, non-important, non-non books, THIS is your book!!

JO 119 .jpg

Phantom Stranger 18 CGC 9.4 OW-WP w Neal Adams cover and the classic "blonde"

$165.0  SOLD-SOLD-SOLD!!!

This is another classic Neal Adams cover from the DC bronze age of horror and the perfect "no-words" era. A beautiful dark background gives the characters the perfect contrast for Neal to work his pencil-magic. I consider this in his top 6 for certain but you can buy it just because you like it. No pressure. 

Phantom Stranger 18 CGC 9.4 (1).JPG

Edited by dover

On 2/18/2023 at 9:47 AM, dover said:

Phantom Stranger 18 CGC 9.4 OW-WP w Neal Adams cover and the classic "blonde"

$165.0

This is another classic Neal Adams cover from the DC bronze age of horror and the perfect "no-words" era. A beautiful dark background gives the characters the perfect contrast for Neal to work his pencil-magic. I consider this in his top 6 for certain but you can buy it just because you like it. No pressure. 

Phantom Stranger 18 CGC 9.4 (1).JPG

:takeit:

World's Finest Comics 180 CGC 9.4 OW-WP Neal Adams cover

$200.0  SOLD SOLD SOLD

This is in an old style CGC case, but I do think you can CPR it to a 9.6 but there are some wizards out there capable of amazing things. Yes, it is another Neal Adams cover, and I am offering this one after getting an upgrade (to first class). From late 1968, this is a dramatic cover with Superman throwing Afleck Batman off the roof. This is prime-Neal work.

World's Finest Comics 180 CGC 9.4 OW-WP.jpg

Edited by dover

House of Mystery 175 CGC 8.5 White Pages, Neal Adams cover

$650.0

There is a lot of goodness in this book and cover. A Neal Adams wordless horror cover, his first in this run. 1st appearance of Cain. White Pages!! just pure, DC horror goodness with some gargoyles added in. Never mind how the kids go on the roof, focus on the story. There is only one 9.6 so this is a tough book to find in grade. And even though Greggy likely has about 20 stashed away, you can actually buy this copy. 

House of Mystery 175 CGC 8.5 WP.jpg

On 2/18/2023 at 11:32 AM, dover said:

Superboy 160 - I consider this in his top 6 comic book covers, which has no significance in the collecting world (at all) but I like to say it. 

Well, maybe it has no significance in the collecting world abroad, but here in this wonderful microcosm of collecting, we thrive on just that sort of pontification! What do you think are his other top covers? Some I'd guess are obvious, but perhaps you have an outlier or two...  hm

On 2/18/2023 at 2:52 PM, PopKulture said:

Well, maybe it has no significance in the collecting world abroad, but here in this wonderful microcosm of collecting, we thrive on just that sort of pontification! What do you think are his other top covers? Some I'd guess are obvious, but perhaps you have an outlier or two...  hm

I am going to do a journal entry on just this subject. Stay tuned. I bet there will be some surprises, but I will fully detail my thoughts on each. And then the stones and hearts can be cast!

On 2/18/2023 at 1:54 PM, dover said:

I am going to do a journal entry on just this subject. Stay tuned. I bet there will be some surprises, but I will fully detail my thoughts on each. And then the stones and hearts can be cast!

Will it extend to his magazine covers? When I look at the dynamism of some of those mixed-media Savage Tales covers, I'm dumbfounded. 

On 2/18/2023 at 11:54 AM, dover said:
On 2/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, PopKulture said:

Hopefully, there will be some classic Adams Superboy/Superman constipation covers :wishluck: 

On 2/18/2023 at 2:57 PM, PopKulture said:

Will it extend to his magazine covers? When I look at the dynamism of some of those mixed-media Savage Tales covers, I'm dumbfounded. 

No, comic book only. Then I can do magazines as a separate list. 

On 2/18/2023 at 9:40 AM, dover said:

Conan 37 CGC 9.6 WP Neal Adams cover and art

$125.0

A nice copy of a great Adams cover. An almost perfect cover wrap. The Barbarian himself in a fighting pose trying to protect the perfect blonde damsel in distress. All the while the Golden Skull foe screams in the background while controlling the green jelly monster. This cover does not make my top 6, but it is a striking Adams cover none-the-less. 

Conan 37 CGC 9.6 WP.JPG

On 2/18/2023 at 12:32 PM, dover said:

Superboy 160 CGC 9.6 OW-WP with Neal Adams cover. 

$375.0

Neal did the pencils and the ink on this cover. I am certain he played a role in the colors as well. I consider this in his top 6 comic book covers, which has no significance in the collecting world (at all) but I like to say it. This is a sweet book in an old case. I was able to upgrade and hence, this copy is for sale. 

Superboy 160 CGC 9.6 OW-WP .jpg

On 2/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, PopKulture said:

My faves:

Phantom Stranger #18

Avengers #96

X-Men #56

X-Men #58

Spectre #4

House of Secrets #91