• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas June 9 - 11, 2023
1 1

77 posts in this topic

Surprised there's not a thread for this yet. Lineup is looking great so far...for the first time in a few years now quite a bit of money is coming out of my wallet for this one.

https://fanexpohq.com/fanexpodallas/

Announced guests so far:

Joseph Quinn
Vincent D’Onofrio
Christina Ricci
Bonnie Wright
Vivien Lyra Blair
Henry Winkler
Peter Weller
Sean Gunn
Chevy Chase
Jon Bernthal
Grace Van Dien (Chrissy) 
Hayden Christensen
Paddy Considine
Rosario Dawson
Charlie Cox

Not a completely exhaustive list, but these are the bigger names announced so far:

Artgerm

Tynion IV

Silvestri

Josh Williamson

Donny Cates

Jae Lee

Fernando Blanco

Derrik Chew

Choi

Crain

de la Rosa

Ejikure Wee Kiat

Kendrik “Kunkka” Lim

Lesley Leirix Li

Mel Milton

Brent Peeples

Aaron Reynolds

Martin Simmonds

Ariel Diaz

Steve Erwin

Andrew Mangum

On 3/9/2023 at 12:52 PM, Matt Buchanan said:

Will CGC be on site? Would love to get an Ariel yellow label sketch. 

I don't believe so, but other facilitators will be there that can help you. I know Agents of Slabs will be there, and they probably won't be the only one.

I'm going! Will be fun. :)

I might try to get an srtgerm sketch or is tempting, but until they post prices, it sounds expensive.  Lol just dreaming about it haha

Trejo sounds cool for a photo op, but I think that I'm just going to shop. My brother has signed up for some photo ops though, and he's my plus 1. Some other boardies are going to be there! Look me up too if you want! Hope everyone has a good time.

Somewhat a 2 month away deal. ^^

If anyone is going to meet Hayden Christensen I’d strongly recommend buying your auto ticket or photo op online in advance. For Megacon (fanexpo show) both options were sold out two weeks prior to the show. In 6 years of Megacons, I’ve never seen a guest sell out. I dunno if they cap his line at a certain limit or he’s just insanely hot right now but if he’s your #1 priority for the con and you don’t wanna be disappointed, I wouldn’t wait until week before to book a photo op or hope to buy auto tix at the show!

Wow, all of Hayden's autographs are shown as sold out already! So if people show up and get in line they'll be turned away because they don't have a pre-paid auto ticket on their phone?
https://store.epicphotoops.com/fan-expo-dallas/2023/hayden-christensen

I've never bought autographs for anyone online before...does it let you skip the queue of people just lining up intending to pay cash? If not, how is your auto guaranteed considering you've pre-paid?

If you were there at MegaCon...
How was Rosario's auto line? I'm planning on getting her auto again since the last time I saw her years ago, her prices have doubled since 2015. It's good to be a Jedi! She looked like she was having fun in her photo ops I saw on Instagram.
And how was Chevy Chase's line? Those two are probably my key celeb guests this year at the moment. 

And just because I'm curious and I'll cross my fingers that we get these 2 - how busy were James McAvoy and John Cleese?

On 4/6/2023 at 2:15 PM, TheCollector2016 said:

Wow, all of Hayden's autographs are shown as sold out already! So if people show up and get in line they'll be turned away because they don't have a pre-paid auto ticket on their phone?

They won’t even let you get in line. And if you do get in line, well, just picture the blimp scene from Indiana Jones & Last Crusade. 

I've never bought autographs for anyone online before...does it let you skip the queue of people just lining up intending to pay cash? If not, how is your auto guaranteed considering you've pre-paid?

They have a table set up at the front of the line. You present your online code, they scan it and hand you a paper ticket. Then your allowed to line up like everyone else. If someone wants to pay cash, they just have to do that at the table too. You don’t skip anything, your still stuck in line with everyone else. The only advantage to a code is if the line gets capped & they shut off ticket sales you usually get allowed in since you pre purchased one. 

you were there at MegaCon...
How was Rosario's auto line? I'm planning on getting her auto again since the last time I saw her years ago, her prices have doubled since 2015. It's good to be a Jedi! She looked like she was having fun in her photo ops I saw on Instagram.
And how was Chevy Chase's line? Those two are probably my key celeb guests this year at the moment. 

Rosarios line was insane. I met her last year when she was with the Clerks crew, waited maybe half hour. This year I was told the wait was closer to 2 hrs. Playing Ashoka made her crazy popular.

Not sure about Chevy because he requests his table be set up behind a curtained off private area so people walking the floor can’t see him. His table seemed busy whenever I walked past but it was hard to gauge his line and I didn’t meet anyone who tried him.