• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fan Expo Dallas June 9 - 11, 2023
1 1

77 posts in this topic

Booth is roughed in.  We are on the last row of vendors before it turns into the celeb area.  Right at the top of the ramp coming from celeb area. Booth 1213 is Monster's Lair Comics, Rick's Comic Crypt (Bubbagump), and 181 Collectables.  

fe.jpeg

Edited by Monster's Lair Comics

On 6/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

Booth is roughed in.  We are on the last row of vendors before it turns into the celeb area.  Right at the top of the ramp coming from celeb area. Booth 1213 is Monster's Lair Comics, Rick's Comic Crypt (Bubbagump), and 181 Collectables.  

fe.jpeg

I should be there right around 2pm when they open or a little after for the marvel spotlight 😉 that way no accidental sales happen lol

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 6/8/2023 at 4:36 PM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

fe.jpeg

I absolutely love this spot. Practically everyone walks by. I really hope it is profitable for y’all!

On 6/9/2023 at 8:58 PM, Crops068 said:

I absolutely love this spot. Practically everyone walks by. I really hope it is profitable for y’all!

We love the spot too. Looks like the show will be in the same hall of the convention center again next year, so we will have the spot again.  We re-upped for next year.  This year was great. We were able to sell a ton of books and made some trades on bringing some new books in.  We bought some of the exclusives for the shop, and even got to eat at Portillo's in The Colony.  Overall a great weekend.  I just did the math on steps to miles, and I walked 21 miles this weekend.  My feet and legs are tired, but it was worth it with a great weekend.  

On 6/12/2023 at 11:32 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

We love the spot too. Looks like the show will be in the same hall of the convention center again next year, so we will have the spot again.  We re-upped for next year.  This year was great. We were able to sell a ton of books and made some trades on bringing some new books in.  We bought some of the exclusives for the shop, and even got to eat at Portillo's in The Colony.  Overall a great weekend.  I just did the math on steps to miles, and I walked 21 miles this weekend.  My feet and legs are tired, but it was worth it with a great weekend.  

Meanwhile I stood in a 8x15 rectangle all weekend, also tired, also enjoyed the weekend!

On 6/12/2023 at 11:32 AM, Monster's Lair Comics said:

30,000 steps was my rough total over the weekend.  Half of that was Friday.  And my dogs were a barking something serious.

It was an absolutely amazing weekend though.  And I thoroughly enjoyed hanging with you, @mysterio and @ADAMANTIUM

Will see you next year, I am likely going to get VIP.

On 6/13/2023 at 2:16 PM, Crops068 said:

30,000 steps was my rough total over the weekend.  Half of that was Friday.  And my dogs were a barking something serious.

It was an absolutely amazing weekend though.  And I thoroughly enjoyed hanging with you, @mysterio and @ADAMANTIUM

Will see you next year, I am likely going to get VIP.

I did the math on my step count, 21 miles for the weekend. 

@The Commissioner or @Monster's Lair Comics

or anyone else?

Has anyone had their books check into CGC from Fan Expo Dallas? I dropped off on Friday June 9th, 1st day of the con, have my receipt email, but it still doesn't show up on my submission page :( 

On 6/26/2023 at 10:34 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

or anyone else?

Has anyone had their books check into CGC from Fan Expo Dallas? I dropped off on Friday June 9th, 1st day of the con, have my receipt email, but it still doesn't show up on my submission page :( 

I didn't submit anything at this show, so I won't be much help. 

On 6/26/2023 at 10:39 AM, The Commissioner said:

Still thanks for letting me know :) I'm sure it is fine, just been 2 weeks, and it IS Monday lol 

On 6/26/2023 at 10:50 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:
On 6/26/2023 at 10:39 AM, The Commissioner said:

Still thanks for letting me know :) I'm sure it is fine, just been 2 weeks, and it IS Monday lol 

It checked in! ^^

Thanks for easing my mind with some venting that last 4 hours lol

or anyone else?

my books posted today.

or anyone else?

but my sig series books go through Agents of slabs. They are not processed yet and added to my invoice list.