• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suspense comics #3 1944 continental. Recent pickup and thoughts on value?
1 1

16 posts in this topic

hello there. Been a long while since i been here. But i figure this is the best place for knowledge on this.

So i just picked up yesterday a suspense comics #3 coverless but complete . A few loose pages but all there pages solid. Some tears. But still very solid..

here are some photos. My question is what do ypu guys think the value after it gets cgc NG grade. Value? (Most recent sale was a 1.0 with married cover and married centerfold in jan 2023 sold heritage for $28,800.00) only 22 cgc census.

Any help and also comments are great. Always loved the feedback from all of you.

(splash page is really cool)

Thank u all

20230222_221225.jpg

20230222_221408.jpg

20230222_221349.jpg

20230222_221330.jpg

Screenshot_20230222_191141_Chrome.jpg

Would you mind taking some pictures of the Life Raft story (centerfold story) that is often missing from these books and posting those here as well.  Also, I recall a black and whit photo that was posted of a news stand and their was a Suspense Comics #3 on the rack.  Does anyone recall that photo, and if so could you post that into this thread as well?

Thank you

On 2/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, golden43tiger said:

This copy has the life raft story

On 2/23/2023 at 7:54 PM, golden43tiger said:

This copy has the life raft story

Just a heads up.....you are duplicating not only your posts, but your threads.

The only thing notable about this book is the cover, right?  So I suppose the question is whether anyone needing some interior pages for their copy with a cover wants to buy this off of you.  Best way to find out would be an auction.

Someone posted about picking up a coverless Suspense 3 a few years ago.  Might be helpful discussion there.

On 2/23/2023 at 1:31 PM, Primetime said:

04640CEC-A4AE-4BF9-B116-4975A1BC5F53.jpeg

Thank you Prime Time for posting this pictures.  Wish there was a much higher resolution version of this, but it does look like the composition of Suspense Comics #3 next to a Green Hornter book next to it.  Might be the only picture of Suspense #3 captured in the wild while on the news stands.  If I was a kid I would have spent my dime on this book.

On 2/25/2023 at 3:10 AM, Point Five said:

What an amazing photo! :applause: OK, *this* is the Suspense #3 thread I'm sticking with.

Just as well Jon. I hear there's a new Category in the Boards awards this year...' Best Suspense # 3 thread of the year'

On 2/24/2023 at 10:33 PM, Paul © ® ™💙 said:

Just as well Jon. I hear there's a new Category in the Boards awards this year...' Best Suspense # 3 thread of the year'

Which one will it be? The Suspense is killing me.  :shiftyeyes: