• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Torpedo Con - July 15-16, 2023 - Glendale, CA (Los Angeles)
1 1

46 posts in this topic

I wanted to pass this along to the CGC community for John Dolmayan.  John and his team at Torpedo Comics will once again be hosting Torpedo Con in Los Angeles the weekend before SDCC.  This time it'll be at a new location in Glendale, CA.  If you're interested in setting up, please reach out to John via the Torpedo Comics website to reserve your table.  

6918b4a8-320a-4c29-b53b-b452cfc75599.jpg

A word of advice to the promoters. This is a comic buying/selling show. Post a dealer list and update it regularly. The artists and guests are just a minor sideline. 

Last year, this was not done. It most certainly hurt pre show ticket sales.

Really looking forward to it this year. Always an excellent show for buying and hanging out with friends. 

I am looking forward to this show.

In past years  this was the best  show  in the Los Angeles area.

I had no problem with the Paladium.  Plenty of parking in a secure lot  right at the event.

I did not like the earlier venue down by LAX.  Felt like a dungeon

Hope more information is posted soon

I agree although Cal Con is just as good in my opinion. I long ago gave up SDCC and that is why John started this show. WonderCon is next week but is starting to look like a shell of its former self comic buying wise. So I am really looking forward to this show.

I had zero problem with the Paladium. Centrally located with parking right in back. I think a lot of folks don’t like the “element” in the area but I have never had any problems.

Like I said earlier, promoting the show and listing the dealers is imperritive to a comic book buying show. The guests mean nothing to me. 

Sure hope it comes back strong! 

Just a few months away…

Just saw the vendor list posted. Decent list. But sad not to see Dale, Ritter and a few others. And no Harley? Can’t be a comic show without Harley…

This is probably an indication of who will be at SDCC. Looks like it is getting to be a strong indication of the costs incurred by dealers to attend shows. Sad sign of the times.

Still, a more than good reason for me to attend. I guess just more of my money will go to fewer dealers. And less cool books that will be making their way to SDCC…

On 4/23/2023 at 11:30 AM, Robot Man said:

Just a few months away…

Just saw the vendor list posted. Decent list. But sad not to see Dale, Ritter and a few others. And no Harley? Can’t be a comic show without Harley…

This is probably an indication of who will be at SDCC. Looks like it is getting to be a strong indication of the costs incurred by dealers to attend shows. Sad sign of the times.

Still, a more than good reason for me to attend. I guess just more of my money will go to fewer dealers. And less cool books that will be making their way to SDCC…

They ruined that show years ago more pop culture than the die hard comic lovers.

On 5/30/2023 at 9:36 PM, blazingbob said:

Highgradecomics.com will be at the show.

Bedrock City will provide transportation.

Terry's Comics will be at the TorpedoCon 2023 July 15th-16th
  I will have a lot of new inventory at this show
  hours are from 10 am – 5 pm on Saturday, 10 am – 5 pm on Sunday
 The event is held at the Hilton Los Angeles North/Glendale, CA
 More show information at: https://torpedocomics.com/pages/torpedocon-2023
  I have over 30,000 comics in inventory at https://terryscomics.com/

image.thumb.jpeg.26d6ad38a7ec1e223a8a4456e3082336.jpeg