• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fedex delivery issues
1 1

8 posts in this topic

CGC requires a signature when delivering a Fedex home delivery package.  I am not always available to sign for the package at home-can CGC modify the Fedex 'signature required' to allow the package to be dropped off at an authorized Fedex facility for pickup with 'signature required' option? That option worked well with earlier CGC deliveries, but currently CGC does not seem to allow it when I log into Fedex website to request a alternate delivery drop off location.

• Administrator

Hello, this option is allowed if requested before the package is shipped or when the books are submitted. Once the package has been shipped, we cannot make any changes due to the nature of the collectibles. If the package cannot be delivered, then it will be returned to our facility, and we will contact you to reschedule the delivery. Thank you for understanding. 

• Administrator

@Beardiful_NW,

This policy is in place to protect our customer's collectibles and insure that they are fully insured through the shipping process in case something happened (like the package being lost, stolen, or damaged). Also, our company secures private insurance for each package for the specific declared value the customer says the collectibles are worth. For this coverage to be applicable, we can not make any changes to submissions' shipping information after they have shipped and all packages must receive a direct signature. Because of the types and values of the collectibles we deal with on a daily basis, we must insure our customers receive their submissions. These are the methods at our disposal to ensure this for all of our customers. 

For future submissions, customers can always have the package delivered to a FedEx location near them to be held so they can go, sign, and receive the package there instead if they are not available throughout the day. This must be requested BEFORE the package has entered the shipping process. Also, FedEx has partnered with Walgreens to allow customers to many other locations they can have their packages held in this manner for receipt. 

We thank you for understanding. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

@MattM CS If I'm understanding you correctly, this 'no changes' rule (which is very inconvenient) isn't because there were problems in the past that this new rule would've prevented. On the contrary, the reason for this new rule is because your insurance carrier requires it. Is this correct?

I've asked many times if anyone personally, or knows of anyone, who had a problem with their shipment that this new rule would've prevented had it been in place at the time. To date, I have not heard of a single instance.

On 3/24/2023 at 8:59 AM, MattM CS said:

@Beardiful_NW,

This policy is in place to protect our customer's collectibles and insure that they are fully insured through the shipping process in case something happened (like the package being lost, stolen, or damaged). Also, our company secures private insurance for each package for the specific declared value the customer says the collectibles are worth. For this coverage to be applicable, we can not make any changes to submissions' shipping information after they have shipped and all packages must receive a direct signature. Because of the types and values of the collectibles we deal with on a daily basis, we must insure our customers receive their submissions. These are the methods at our disposal to ensure this for all of our customers. 

For future submissions, customers can always have the package delivered to a FedEx location near them to be held so they can go, sign, and receive the package there instead if they are not available throughout the day. This must be requested BEFORE the package has entered the shipping process. Also, FedEx has partnered with Walgreens to allow customers to many other locations they can have their packages held in this manner for receipt. 

We thank you for understanding. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I miss packages all the time because of the signature. (just missed mine 10 mins ago because I'm at work). So it is nice to know about requesting before hand. Do I change my shipping address on my account to forward to a fedex dropoff? Or do I write a note in the package requesting it etc. There is a Fedex warehouse drop off near me, but I want to make sure I input the right information. 

• Administrator

Hello @wvugrad12

Great question! To ship your submission to a FedEx location, you will provide the FedEx address as your shipping address when creating your submission form. The format should resemble:

• ADDRESS NAME: CUSTOMER NAME
  • ADDRESS LINE 1: FEDEX WALGREENS HOLD FOR PICKUP
  • ADDRESS LINE 2: 12345 MAIN ST.
  • ADDRESS CITY/STATE/ZIP CODE: SARASOTA FL 34230

If you need to change the shipping address of submission that are already in progress, please provide us with the submission or order numbers that need to be updated along with the FedEx location address. 

It is important to note that changing your primary address online will not update submissions already in process. 

If you need any additional help, please let us know. 

On 3/26/2023 at 12:00 PM, NickiO CS said:

Hello @wvugrad12

Great question! To ship your submission to a FedEx location, you will provide the FedEx address as your shipping address when creating your submission form. The format should resemble:

• ADDRESS NAME: CUSTOMER NAME
  • ADDRESS LINE 1: FEDEX WALGREENS HOLD FOR PICKUP
  • ADDRESS LINE 2: 12345 MAIN ST.
  • ADDRESS CITY/STATE/ZIP CODE: SARASOTA FL 34230

If you need to change the shipping address of submission that are already in progress, please provide us with the submission or order numbers that need to be updated along with the FedEx location address. 

It is important to note that changing your primary address online will not update submissions already in process. 

If you need any additional help, please let us know. 

Looks great and much appreciated =)