• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just Curious - Is The Pressing Department Currently Backlogged?
1 1

7 posts in this topic

I ask this because during the time that I submitted a comic until now the grading turn around time went from 145 days to 130 days to 120 days, back to 130 days and then went down regularly until it got to 49 days which is where it is now.

The pressing turn around time has not changed though so i didnt know if it was a lack of updates or if there was a glitch like whatever has affected the tracking / status page from time to time.

My comic was received by CGC on 02/15/23, so it is by no means excessivley overdue.

• Administrator

Hello @Hes Dead Jim,

Thank you for your message. Pressing is not currently backlogged. Our team has taken major strides to cut this turnaround time to what you see it now. These times posted on the site are updated weekly based on what we have in-house and how long it is taking submissions to be completed. What you are seeing on our posted turnaround times is our best estimate for when a new submission delivered to our office today will be completed. So you know, CCS adds 15 business days to the turnaround time for grading. This does not mean it will only take 15 business days for CCS to be completed. There is no set amount of time a submission will stay at one status or another. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

On 3/22/2023 at 7:20 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Hes Dead Jim,

Thank you for your message. Pressing is not currently backlogged. Our team has taken major strides to cut this turnaround time to what you see it now. These times posted on the site are updated weekly based on what we have in-house and how long it is taking submissions to be completed. What you are seeing on our posted turnaround times is our best estimate for when a new submission delivered to our office today will be completed. So you know, CCS adds 15 business days to the turnaround time for grading. This does not mean it will only take 15 business days for CCS to be completed. There is no set amount of time a submission will stay at one status or another. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Hey Matt!

I actually had the same question.  It's in regards to MFT Submission 4220236. It hit Submission Tracking on 3/15/23 and as of this writing it's Status is still sitting at Received at CCS.  With an estimated TAT of 7 days, the submission is now on working day 6.  Unless there's some kind of magic going on behind the scenes, I don't see how it will meet the 7 day estimate.  Like the OP, I too thought there might be some kind of back up.

Thanks in advance for your help!

On 3/22/2023 at 8:20 AM, MattM CS said:

Hello @Hes Dead Jim,

thanks

:)

• Administrator

Hello @Hes Dead Jim

The status changes you observed are normal. Your submission will show Received at CCS until pressing is completed, and the book is transferred to CGC for grading. The status updates will then correlate with where the book is at in the grading process. 

If we can help with anything else, please let us know. Thank you.