• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

June 2023 Heritage Signature Auction #7340
4 4

566 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 6:13 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

The amount of quality pieces added over the two two weeks has been incredible.  This auction has artwork to fulfill everyone’s collecting interests!

Definitely better than the last Signature for sure.

On 5/8/2023 at 12:37 PM, KirbyCollector said:

Gene redecorating his penthouse again

Spring cleaning at the penthouse, eh?   I'm waiting for fall, when he cleans out the trunk of the Aston hm

On 5/12/2023 at 4:11 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Now at 870 OA lots.  The comic book section also has an incredible offering of Gold/Silver/Bronze Age keys.

looks like this one is going to hurt my wallet 🤣

Step 1: Bend over

Step 2: Close eyes

Step 3:  ???

Step 4:  Profit.

On 4/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, comix4fun said:

There are historic pieces and then there are historic pieces. 

In the history of the Character, this is right up there. It blows me away that this still exists. 

I want to say this is the earliest known issue of Captain America comics artwork. Heritage had a page (no cap) from Cap Comics 5 about 8 years ago, but it wasn't close to this. A splash from Captain America Comics #5, with Cap and Bucky, in bondage and in costume, and the FIRST APPEARANCE of Pepo Laroc (coming soon to MCU phase 13 lol ) 
Simon and Kirby did, I think, 10 issues of Cap Comics together so, yeah, rare is right. 
I think Kirby was 23 years old when he did this, and I think Simon was 30...
Holy Cow

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/splash-pages/joe-simon-and-jack-kirby-captain-america-comics-5-splash-page-1-original-art-timely-marvel/p/7340-235001.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

ScreenShot2023-04-27at10_57_08AM.thumb.png.44a4a082e42a41d4eba4b9393ab62b34.png

This is ridiculously awesome!

On 5/16/2023 at 4:35 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I want to like this one, but I can’t get past the inking.  Which it was Austin over Byrne

I find Wolverine's pose and sabertooth's face to both be a little off on what is otherwise a beautiful drawing, but at the end of the day Oleg doesn't care what we think!

Edited by Bronty

On 5/16/2023 at 8:28 AM, Bronty said:

I find Wolverine's pose and sabertooth's face to both be a little off on what is otherwise a beautiful drawing, but at the end of the day Oleg doesn't care what we think!

Yeah, you beat me to it. His mouth.  
ScreenShot2023-05-15at12_49_19PM.png.b0af5f5626b2cfaee72fbfe415135711.png

On 5/16/2023 at 2:35 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

I want to like this one, but I can’t get past the inking.  Which it was Austin over Byrne

The Liefeld-school treatment of the feet is a little wonky also.