• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Will This Change Batman Forever? Spoilers!!!
3 3

44 posts in this topic

On 4/14/2023 at 1:35 PM, comicginger1789 said:

He should have a detachable robotic hand, capable of sneaking into places and spying incognito whilst relaying info to Batman electronically....like a superhero version of Thing from the Addams family.

Yes, but it should be a sort of mini Transformer that can turn into a robot bat, his own cybernetically connected mechanical version of Redwing. Mr. Terrific could help him whip it up.

On 4/16/2023 at 2:18 PM, FoggyNelson said:

Should be interesting, I give Batman credit for trying something different 👍

Speedy lost his arm and went bionic at one stage. Or was he Red Arrow then?  Something like that. Another non-superpowered character augmented that way, again.

Edited by Ken Aldred

Joker will lose his hand or it will be deliberately amputated by another rogue (Ras?) who is going to put it on Batman. Batman will then be affected by the evil spawning from the new hand and cause him to kill someone close to Bruce Wayne. The story arc will then go another 20 issues of how Batman deals with whether he is or is not a murderer. The people of Gotham believe he is. Will the rogue behind this achieve their objective in making Batman public enemy number one? Will Robin or some other believer in Bruce Wayne have the hand surgically removed and replaced by a bionic version with A.I.? Can Batman prove he’s not culpable for what the idle hand did? Stay tuned.

Edited by bronze johnny

Well, aside from all of the good replies I won’t try to top, I hope this changes Batman. 

I was also happy to see that Alfred is still dead. I liked Alfred, but a serious switch in status quo for a good length of time is appreciated. 

Now all they have to do is kill Damian. 

This will not change Batman forever.

When Aquaman lost a hand it lasted how long?  Make that the over/under on this one.  I'm going Under.

On 4/15/2023 at 8:40 AM, SeniorSurfer said:

Jamie.jpg

I was thinking of Star Wars lol…Luke and Vader lol

On 4/15/2023 at 1:32 AM, comicginger1789 said:

And for a DC Black label story, whilst feeling the need to express some self love, the robotic hand breaks the Batman!

The splash blurb on the cover will read “Gripping action in the traditional DC form!”

The Black Label version will be several years after he recovers his hand, and will feature another devastating, traumatising and painful accident in which he has another compensatory augmentation and temporarily changes his alter ego to Batpiece. The Doom Patrol could co-star.

Edited by Ken Aldred