• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I'll Show You Mine If You Show Me Yours: I tripple dog dare you to show just one of your treasures that is not posted anywhere else
4 4

95 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2023 at 6:38 AM, grapeape said:

Bill Finger. Legend. Credit so long overdue. Its coming now but he deserved to hear the praise during his living years. The signatures look good though I'm far from an expert. Those daily proof sheets are a part of our collecting history. They belong here, out of the shadows. What magic to behold. I'm so grateful to you and to everyone for sharing.

Sad that all he ended up with were some proof sheets...

On 5/12/2023 at 4:38 PM, pemart1966 said:

Sad that all he ended up with were some proof sheets...

A bunch of manila file folders appeared back in the day labeled as from Bill Finger's files.  They'd clearly been in a cabinet for decades and probably since the 40s.  Never heard a story as to how they came to light

Finger's Batman proof sheets.jpg

Finger's Batman tear sheet.jpg

On 5/13/2023 at 7:30 PM, BLUECHIPCOLLECTIBLES said:

A bunch of manila file folders appeared back in the day labeled as from Bill Finger's files.  They'd clearly been in a cabinet for decades and probably since the 40s.  Never heard a story as to how they came to light

Finger's Batman proof sheets.jpg

Finger's Batman tear sheet.jpg

There was an article about how Bill Finger’s files came to light, written in Alter Ego magazine, I think.

Unfortunately, I don’t recall the issue #, but there was an interview with Bill Finger’s son Fred ( a chef).  He offered his fathers files to DC, but they turned him down.  I don’t recall the rest of the article or what Bill’s son did with his fathers files thereafter.

Additionally, I think he was interviewed once in the late 80’s on a tv show where he spoke about his father.

Edited by jjonahjameson11

And now for something completely different.  This is the standee of fan-favorite, Orgasm Lass, used by Dreamhaven Books to advertise Phil Foglio's XXXenophile comic in the store and at conventions.  Hand-painted by Phil on thick foamcore from 1992.  It stands about 6 feet tall.  It's creased and in need of some repair (if that's even possible).  But truly...she's a stunner!

9BC4D94A-4EA4-42DE-AF75-B4FE8AE4A37E_1_201_a.jpeg

Can I play :shy:

I used to frequent a comic book shop in Flushing Queens, NY back around 81-82. A very well known comic book artist who should remain nameless used to hang out there from time to time. Eventually I became friendly with him and requested a very detailed sketch. I wasn't sure if he was gonna oblige because of the nature of the sketch. But, to my surprise he did. The only thing was that he wasn't gonna sign it because of the nature of the sketch. Which I really didn't care since I wasn't on planning on selling it. 

Spoiler

Phoenix.thumb.jpg.2c1949dd4a2256164869c44a2aebf6d8.jpg

On 5/24/2023 at 1:53 PM, Wyndchill said:

And now for something completely different.  This is the standee of fan-favorite, Orgasm Lass, used by Dreamhaven Books to advertise Phil Foglio's XXXenophile comic in the store and at conventions.  Hand-painted by Phil on thick foamcore from 1992.  It stands about 6 feet tall.  It's creased and in need of some repair (if that's even possible).  But truly...she's a stunner!

9BC4D94A-4EA4-42DE-AF75-B4FE8AE4A37E_1_201_a.jpeg

I'm a fan of Phil's. And a huge fan of Kaja, though I don't believe she touched this one. Thanks for posting :-)

On 5/24/2023 at 4:06 PM, Wolvie_Fan said:

Minstrel in Exile by Barry Windsor-Smith, 1979.  Published in Opus vol.1 and as the cover for Coppervale's International Studio 2004 Feb/Mar edition.

Minstrel in Exile 1979.jpg

wonderful.

On 5/25/2023 at 7:40 AM, mr_highgrade said:

Can I play :shy:

I used to frequent a comic book shop in Flushing Queens, NY back around 81-82. A very well known comic book artist who should remain nameless used to hang out there from time to time. Eventually I became friendly with him and requested a very detailed sketch. I wasn't sure if he was gonna oblige because of the nature of the sketch. But, to my surprise he did. The only thing was that he wasn't gonna sign it because of the nature of the sketch. Which I really didn't care since I wasn't on planning on selling it. 

Reveal hidden contents

Phoenix.thumb.jpg.2c1949dd4a2256164869c44a2aebf6d8.jpg

Is that Dark Phoenix enjoying a little wolvie afternoon delight? :-)

On 5/26/2023 at 9:25 AM, Dr. Balls said:

I had a commission done by Larry Welz for a non-nude Cherry in a graveyard, which turned out super cool. They mentioned it would be in his next comic, so I didn't post it to my CAF or anywhere else as I waited for it to be published. It may not end up anywhere, which is fine - I was pretty happy with what he came up with.

IMG_2186.thumb.JPG.e6e10169d3cf4228a5068a154ef32099.JPG

It's too good not to get published. Really detailed. Very cool Cherry.