• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2023 CGC Grading Contest Season 2 Spring Edition (#6) Round 4
11 11

204 posts in this topic

On 5/4/2023 at 8:08 AM, zzutak said:

If your PM response includes the :facepalm: emoji, should I be worried?  :fear:

You should start worrying more about those things that need done and less about your grades you submitted , figuring , there is always the next grading contest .

On 5/4/2023 at 6:17 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

I got these fingers:

viv.gif.87eb8abf9cd2f88ed0c71f40b08b0967.gif

Is that a good sign, do you think? hm

Oh man. This episode of The Young Ones ("Bambi") is easily the best. I've probably watched it 10 times and I always end up with tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

On 5/4/2023 at 4:54 PM, Kramerica said:

Oh man. This episode of The Young Ones ("Bambi") is easily the best. I've probably watched it 10 times and I always end up with tears running down my face from laughing so hard.

Vyvyan's scream as he knocks his head off looking out the train window will stay with me forever. Never laughed so hard as a kid in my life, and still laughing now lol

On 5/4/2023 at 6:47 AM, CGC Mike said:

I do it old school to help prevent mistakes.  I go to the PM and write down the persons id and grades on a piece of paper.  I then check to make sure they match the ones on the PM.  They are recorded in the spreadsheet, and checked with the ones on the paper to make sure they match.  I then go back to the PM and calculate the score, to decide which emoji I want to post.  After I hit submit, I draw a line across the persons name and grades.  

Old school is the best school.

IMG_2901.jpeg

• Administrator
On 5/4/2023 at 11:08 AM, zzutak said:

If your PM response includes the :facepalm: emoji, should I be worried?  :fear:

On 5/4/2023 at 12:24 PM, JollyComics said:

I haven't submitted my grades yet (tomorrow for sure).

What emoji have you gotten from CGC Mike recently?

Ah, the emoji meaning guessing game.  Here is 1 of the many formulas I use to decide which emoji to give:

main-qimg-7a143fa5b8fad9f4e453732d4ce0de

On 5/4/2023 at 11:34 AM, Point Five said:

I got a :insane: . Holding out hope that Mike is just going wild with all the emojis he's *really* wanted to use this whole time.

Fun fact both of those mean you have to stay after class with Mike dressed up as a school marm.

IMG_2902.jpeg

I'll be submitting earlier this round. I'm usually one of the last minute offenders but I'll be drunk on an island in the middle of Lake Winnipesaukee with 13 other friends opening up a summer camp this weekend. :insane:

• Administrator
On 5/4/2023 at 1:46 PM, musicmeta said:

Hmm...on the 10th line in section 2,  the 3rd 4 should be a 6..That should help put out the emoji faster. 

That must be why I keep getting an error.   :pullhair:  Thanks!

On 5/4/2023 at 9:06 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

Vyvyan's scream as he knocks his head off looking out the train window will stay with me forever. Never laughed so hard as a kid in my life, and still laughing now lol

I still have this on VHS somewhere. Go Scumbag College!

long shot in the dark grades submitted. Thanks for running the contest Mike. Time to go watch the Toronto Maple leafs game and enjoy a cold beer to forget about my awful grading skills lol

:cheers: