• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Announces Price and Policy Changes
9 9

155 posts in this topic

I dont care much about a buck or two increase across the board. The big change that I am really happy about is they are finally dropping the minimum requirement for pre-screens, so I no longer have to wait until I get 25 books that I can pre-screen at the same level. This is a game changer for me. 

I checked Voldemort website that astonished me.  I believe CGC is using their language to update the services and fees for example, CGC replaced Economy with the new word "Vintage" and few others. Voldemort updated their Pricing & Services (I don't know how recent they updated). I looked their prices that CGC's new prices and services are very similar but $1 and few more dollars over their prices slightly.

Voldemort is more likely to be blamed for causing the price hikes.  Inflation and COVID-19 pandemic are hurting us too.

On 4/18/2023 at 3:51 PM, Stefan_W said:

I dont care much about a buck or two increase across the board. The big change that I am really happy about is they are finally dropping the minimum requirement for pre-screens, so I no longer have to wait until I get 25 books that I can pre-screen at the same level. This is a game changer for me. 

That’s the silver lining for me. 

That Walkthru, change, though… I didn’t think it could get worse after the last increase. 

On 4/18/2023 at 3:00 PM, october said:

comic that is sent into CGC, then to Heritage

If it's going to Heritage, just let them slab it for you.  They still get good ol' boy treatment.

On 4/18/2023 at 1:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

We all believed this was eventually coming.  However we assumed it would be at a higher threshold.  The $1,000 threshold is pretty low to be honest.  I may need to actively rethink how I plan on selling off my collections in seven years and what will net me the most money to do what is best for me.  My loyalty is to my wallet. 

Kevin O'Leary of 'Shark Tank' visits Raleigh for lates Wine & Design  location - Triangle Business Journal

What is the royalty agreementÉ

On 4/18/2023 at 3:14 PM, Buzzetta said:

We all believed this was eventually coming.  However we assumed it would be at a higher threshold.  The $1,000 threshold is pretty low to be honest.  I may need to actively rethink how I plan on selling off my collections in seven years and what will net me the most money to do what is best for me.  My loyalty is to my wallet. 

Kevin O'Leary of 'Shark Tank' visits Raleigh for lates Wine & Design  location - Triangle Business Journal

Or my collection can be inherited.