• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Buffalo ComicCon April 2023 Report
2 2

38 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2023 at 11:37 PM, Courageous Cat said:

now I'm kicking myself for blowing this off. Wonder what the price of that War against crime book was

Thought the same thing.

A year and a half ago at a small show here in St. Louis I made an offer on 15 EC bucks with that one included and the dealer did not take me serious. I was kind of dumbfounded.

All the 15 books added up to $1250. I offered $1000.

Edited by Raze

On 4/23/2023 at 11:31 AM, Raze said:

Thought the same thing.

A year and a half ago at a small show here in St. Louis I made an offer on 15 EC bucks with that one included and the dealer did not take me serious. I was kind of dumbfounded.

All the 15 books added up to $1250. I offered $1000.

I guess it would depend on the issues and condition. (shrug) ECs sell quickly in about any condition. That War Against Crime is a tough key. Depending on condition, I have seen it bring big money. 

On 4/23/2023 at 3:14 PM, Robot Man said:

I guess it would depend on the issues and condition. (shrug) ECs sell quickly in about any condition. That War Against Crime is a tough key. Depending on condition, I have seen it bring big money. 

All the books that I made an offer on a year and a half ago the same dealer had the same books back 2017 they were all low grade condition buoks with only two horror books.

when I saw the same dealer in Kansas City two months ago, he had the exact same bucks minus the war against crime same price tags

On 4/23/2023 at 2:43 PM, Raze said:

All the books that I made an offer on a year and a half ago the same dealer had the same books back 2017 they were all low grade condition buoks with only two horror books.

when I saw the same dealer in Kansas City two months ago, he had the exact same bucks minus the war against crime same price tags

Sounds like he has them over priced. Most aren’t rare with exceptions. Your offer sounded reasonable.

The wild card in the bunch is the WAC. Tough in any grade. I have maybe a 3.0. Have always wanted to upgrade but it rarely shows up and has gotton real pricey.

You probably should have just bought that one and left the rest…

On 4/23/2023 at 6:12 PM, Robot Man said:

Sounds like he has them over priced. Most aren’t rare with exceptions. Your offer sounded reasonable.

The wild card in the bunch is the WAC. Tough in any grade. I have maybe a 3.0. Have always wanted to upgrade but it rarely shows up and has gotton real pricey.

You probably should have just bought that one and left the rest…

The WAC was heavily taped and spilt and detached and I think he said brittle pages. Maybe a CGC 1.0 and was asking $600 for it. I needed the other books thats why I went after them all. 

When I did speak to him at Kansas City last month he remembered the offer (Ive talked and bought from him for years now) and told me that when I offered it he was going to a panel and that the day was a cluster... 

Oh well, he still has them all minus the WAC, I haven't made any offers on them since, maybe I should.

On 4/24/2023 at 12:01 PM, Jeffro. said:

Truth in advertising? :wishluck:

Based on the tops of a few books you can see, I'd really, really not want to see his worse books.

On 4/25/2023 at 9:47 AM, GACollectibles said:

The best part is you went the correct weekend! :baiting:

Around 11a last Saturday I got a text from a dealer at the show that said, "Are you coming to the Buffalo show?"  I replied, "What show?"

I then texted @SolitaireOne and he said he was getting ready to go to the show, and I asked him to pick me up. 

On 4/25/2023 at 4:10 PM, Gonzimodo said:

Seeing these pictures revealed a pet peeve of mine that I've never formally acknowledged.

Why do so many dealers keep their high-dollar wall books in nasty, old, wrinkly, yellowing polybags?!  I kind of understand if you want to cheap out and not buy Mylars, but at least give them a fresh bag and board when they start looking like that!  They make the comics look unappealing and dingy and may actually hurt sales.

Sorry, rant over...  Thanks for providing this report!  (thumbsu

Agreed.  Presentation is key in my book.