• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED and thank you!
1 1

38 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 7:42 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Tim Holt #30 CGC .5 + Zodiac reproduction Halloween card $618 SHIPPED

Lots of interesting research surrounds this book regarding the serial killer: the Zodiac. The short of it is that he sent a Halloween card to the SF Chronicle using phrases on the card that appear only in this fashion, anywhere, in this particular Tim Holt comic book, leading people to speculate that the Zodiac might have been a comic collector. Not to mention, it's got a cool cover. Presents really well for a .5 and seems that CGC really pounded it for having two thirds of the back cover missing (that's all that's on the grader's notes). Difficult book to find in any grade, selling it for what I paid for it.

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809.jpg

IMG_2810.jpg

IMG_2811.jpg

:takeit:

On 4/25/2023 at 8:10 AM, Dr. Balls said:

Newsstand Lot of 14 1990's "hot books" $39 shipped

Grades:

Hulk 2099 #1 newsstand in 9.4 NM
Just a slight ncb corner bend on bc

Scarlet Witch #1 newsstand in 9.4+ NM

Bishop #1 newsstand in 9.4 NM
Slight scuffing on foil.

Spider-Woman #1 newsstand in 9.4 NM
Just a couple of spine-ticks

Doom 2099 #1 Newsstand in VF/NM
Spine stress marks as seen in the photo.

Daredevil 319 Newsstand in NM
Nice and white!

Fantastic Four #381 Newsstand in NM

Venom The Enemy Within #1 Glow-in-the-dark Newsstand in NM-

Venom The Enemy Within #1 Glow-in-the-dark Newsstand in VF-

Secret Defenders #1 Newsstand in NM

Silver Sable #1 Newsstand in VF/NM

Ravage 2099 #1 in VF/NM

X-Men #1 Newsstand in NM-

Clive Barker's Hyperkind #1 Newsstand in NM

Newsstand Lot of 14.jpg

:takeit:

On 4/24/2023 at 4:51 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Faces of Death 1 / 2 (sealed) / 3 on VHS $120 SHIPPED

FYI: Faces of Death have been debunked as "snuff films", it has been admitted by the originators of these videos that they are dramatizations and news footage, using special effects, etc. These are the Gorgon 90's releases, #2 is still sealed. I have played #1 and #3 in my VCR, they play fine with no tracking issues. Neat cover art.

IMG_2814.jpg

IMG_2815.jpg

IMG_2816.jpg

IMG_2817.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2819.jpg

IMG_2857.jpg

It has been a while.  Were those people killed while they were on the videos?   My friend saw one video but I don't remember which one that has two videos of the woman was on the parachute and went straight down to the alligator pit and the burglar was attacked by one or two doberman pinchers.

Edited by JollyComics

On 4/24/2023 at 6:14 PM, JollyComics said:

It has been a while.  Were those people killed while they were on the videos?   My friend saw one video but I don't remember which one that has two videos of the woman was on the parachute and went straight down to the alligator pit and the burglar was attacked by one or two doberman pinchers.

I hadn’t researched these until a few months ago - and that’s when I discovered years ago the creators/directors/producers kind of owned up to dramatizing the videos (the staging of eating of monkey brains was the one they talk about most)  and mixing it with real ideology taken from news outlets. I don’t know if these scene you are talking about was a dramatization or news footage. 

On 4/24/2023 at 9:16 PM, Dr. Balls said:

I hadn’t researched these until a few months ago - and that’s when I discovered years ago the creators/directors/producers kind of owned up to dramatizing the videos (the staging of eating of monkey brains was the one they talk about most)  and mixing it with real ideology taken from news outlets. I don’t know if these scene you are talking about was a dramatization or news footage. 

Yipe!  I will pass it.

On 4/24/2023 at 8:19 PM, JollyComics said:

Yipe!  I will pass it.

Yeah, they’re weird. I watched them as an early teen at sleepovers - I bought them for nostalgia and I liked the covers. I’m not really into stuff like that - but they are an interesting part of 80’s lore.

On 4/24/2023 at 9:31 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Yeah, they’re weird. I watched them as an early teen at sleepovers - I bought them for nostalgia and I liked the covers. I’m not really into stuff like that - but they are an interesting part of 80’s lore.

Yep.. like this one (although never done by Disney.) Also refuted later. Although ban was still upheld due to citing animal cruelty.  

Spoiler

20200717_011906.jpg.024dd0af36bcd322d79fedcd440f36e0.jpg

like you I remember the lore and talk about these type of movies, but didn't care for them just the nostalgia. 

On 4/24/2023 at 3:14 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Arsenic Lullaby Original Sketch Cover $20 SHIPPED

I don't know a lot about this book, but there's an original Voodoo Joe sketch on it!

IMG_9476.jpg

IMG_9477.jpg

Let's do this :takeit:

Thread is closed, and the remains have been moved to Ebay. If anyone is interested in anything, just drop me a PM - otherwise: thank you for looking!

On 4/24/2023 at 10:31 PM, Dr. Balls said:

My brother got a hold of one of these when we were kids in the 90s. We hid them in the vents of our house and would watch after school before my parents got home. 

It was really creepy stuff. No desire to watch it again, but 25+ years later, it's slightly reassuring to know that garbage was fake. When we were 14 and before google put information at our finger tips, we were left with nothing but our imaginations.  And boy did it look real. 

On 4/29/2023 at 2:42 PM, KCOComics said:

My brother got a hold of one of these when we were kids in the 90s. We hid them in the vents of our house and would watch after school before my parents got home. 

It was really creepy stuff. No desire to watch it again, but 25+ years later, it's slightly reassuring to know that garbage was fake. When we were 14 and before google put information at our finger tips, we were left with nothing but our imaginations.  And boy did it look real. 

Haha the ol hiding-stuff-in-the-vents trick! I did that!

On 4/24/2023 at 2:56 PM, Dr. Balls said:

X-Men Animated Series COMPLETE Seasons 1 & 2, with Bonus Pizza Hut Versions on VHS $225 SHIPPED

Really nice, vivid, near-minty set of the first two seasons. I've watched most of these, they work fine and have no tracking problems. The color packaging on these is amazing-looking, a really nice set for your bookcase. Most of them are in clear holders and present nicely.

IMG_2820.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

I take it per PM

On 5/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, PhoKing said:

I take it per PM

^^

Closing the thread since all the comic-related stuff has sold. If anyone is looking at the Dune books or sci-fi paperbacks, just drop me a PM.

Edited by Dr. Balls