• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Batman 189 First Scarecrow
1 1

11 posts in this topic

A recent find 'in the wild'. Note that it has a mild subscription crease to the rear which is almost invisible on the front.

Is this worth the time and expense to have CGC grade it? To be pressed?

Thanks!

IMG_9739.JPG

IMG_9740.JPG

IMG_9741.JPG

IMG_9742.JPG

IMG_9743.JPG

IMG_9744.JPG

IMG_9745.JPG

On 4/26/2023 at 1:53 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

I wouldn't subject any of my books to that indignity.

(worship)

On 4/26/2023 at 12:53 PM, LowGradeBronze said:

4.5 here too. Can't answer the pressing question. I wouldn't subject any of my books to that indignity.

I've never had it done and probably won't bother. I'm just curious if it would do much good.

On 4/27/2023 at 12:07 AM, Book Guy said:

I've never had it done and probably won't bother. I'm just curious if it would do much good.

In theory it should improve the soft bend on the front but can do nothing for colour breaking creases. To be clear I have nothing against those who press or have their comics pressed. But it's not for me with my low grade books and it comes with risks, when amateurs have a bash at it. Best left to professionals. I like a book to have no disguises introduced into their timeline. If I have a near mint book it really has survived like that, not had a facelift. There's an honesty about that which is potentially lacking if pressing is not disclosed at the point of sale.