• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Request Changes to Slab notations HERE
6 6

130 posts in this topic

Shock Suspenstories #4 E.C Comics (1952) - USED IN SOTI (Mentioned in text, p. 387, 388 as per lostsoti.org)

Moon Knight #12 (1981) 1st appearance of Morpheus, a man who turned into a monster after ingesting an experimental drug meant to cure a virus ( A well known Moon Knight villain)

Moon Knight #14 (1981) 1st appearance and origin of Stained Glass Scarlet, a former nun who became a vigilante (A well known Moon Knight villain)

On 4/29/2023 at 9:44 AM, CGC Mike said:

Seems like I heard something about this.  

You are THE  man! :luhv:

@CGC Mike I'm not sure if it counts as "notation", but can I get a variant name changed?

I'm looking for Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard v3 #1 "Variant Cover" to be changed to Mouse Guard: Legends of the Guard v3 #1 "Pérez Variant Cover" to match the "Ramos Variant Cover" and "Muller Variant Cover". I let customer service know about this twice while my book was at CGC but no one seemed to get the memo.

It wouldn't be a huge deal, but since these books are in magazine cases which seem to only get two lines of artist info instead of three, the cover artist is almost always cut off as its on line 3.

Also, the standard cover for this issue does not note that it is a Wraparound cover, despite being a wraparound cover.

Thanks!

Edited by David Bernstein

• Administrator
On 4/28/2023 at 9:20 PM, David Bernstein said:

@CGC Mike I'm not sure if it counts as "notation", but can I get a variant name changed?

I have been super busy lately, but I will be going through this thread and presenting everything to the team in about a week.

Would love for Red Claw to get the same recognition that other animated series debuts get (Harley Quinn, Livewire, Roxy Rocket)

Batman: Gotham Adventures 3 (1998) - 1st appearance of Red Claw in comics (out of DC continuity)
Catwoman 43 (2022) - 1st appearance of Red Claw in DC Universe continuity

The Man of Steel 3 (1986) - Origin and 1st appearance of Magpie (Margaret Pye)

Man of Steel 3 is undoubtedly her first appearance, as there is even a preview ad for Batman 401 in the book.

On 4/29/2023 at 8:15 AM, lose your future said:

The Man of Steel 3 (1986) - Origin and 1st appearance of Magpie (Margaret Pye)

Man of Steel 3 is undoubtedly her first appearance, as there is even a preview ad for Batman 401 in the book.

Well, no. Lots of comics have ads for issues that came out simultaneously, and sometimes even earlier than them.

In this case, Man of Steel 3 and Batman 401 actually came out at the same time.

On 4/26/2023 at 8:39 AM, MAR1979 said:

Hi Folks:

Title Black Panther
Issue No. 14
Issue Date 3/79
Year 1979
Publisher Marvel Comics

Black Panther 14 (Marvel 1979) represents Bill Sienkiewicz's first published cover art

The First cover of an artist of Sienkiewicz's caliber deserves to be recognized. Sadly CGC wrongly and mistakenly attributes the cover art to Jerry Bingham who merely did interiors.
https://www.cgccomics.com/census/grades_standard.asp?title=Black+Panther&issue=14&publisher=Marvel+Comics&year=1979&issuedate=3/79
image.png.ba3864f752c22b33965f79e1721983a4.png

@CGC Mike

Yes! (thumbsu Mike thanks for the assist!

image.png.309440567aa4e69d1aac7968ab9e5615.png

Edited by MAR1979

Wonder Woman 205 comments state “Origin of Nubia”. This is incorrect.

Wonder Woman 206 is Nubia’s Origin (and the comments for 206 correctly note this).

While “Who Is Nubia” is written on the cover of 205, the issue is not the origin issue.

Edited by eastriver400

On 4/29/2023 at 11:27 AM, CGC Mike said:

I have been super busy lately, but I will be going through this thread and presenting everything to the team in about a week.

Appreciate the effort Mike

**Cough** Tim Holt #30 **cough***  lol

Sable 19

i currently have a copy submitted for a SS with Adam Hughes. It’s been said that this cover is an uncredited AH cover. How about CGC ask AH if in fact he drew it or not. From the horses mouth to the updated label.

@CGC Mike Ok, I have two request (for now) that I think should be noted on these two Looney Tunes & Merrie Melodies Comics issues.

First up is LT&MMC #18 (Apr, 1943), This is the WWII cover featuring Bugs Bunny in a Marines uniform. Currently the label notes 'WWII cover".

The issue actually 'commemorates' Bugs being made an 'Honorary Marine master sergeant' by the U.S. Marines because of the classic patriotic 1942 short "Super-Rabbit".

I feel some 'iteration' of this acknowledgement should be worked into the notes as Dell comics seems to be 'celebrating' this with this cover. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honorary_Marine#:~:text=Cartoon%20character%20Bugs%20Bunny%20was,brigadier%20general%20of%20the%20Corps.

sample.jpg

Edited by sagii