• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Jim Lee for President?!
1 1

20 posts in this topic

On 5/6/2023 at 2:30 AM, shadroch said:

It's amazing how some people constantly fail upward. 

How has he failed in his head jobs at DC? 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:38 PM, Cat said:

I think he's earned it by now, and I'm happy for him. 

New 52 might've been a bit patchy, but some very good comics were published during the event.  

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 5/5/2023 at 9:32 AM, rexinnih said:

I for one, welcome our new DC Overlord. 

In terms of a true DC Overlord, nowhere close to the power and influemce that Jack Liebowitz must have wielded during his multi-decades reign over the company, as he grew DC from the fledging newbie publishing company that it was back then into the eventual mega empire it would become with its various multi-media links of today.  (thumbsu

Edited by lou_fine

On 5/5/2023 at 4:41 PM, lordbyroncomics said:

Let us never forget that this is the man whose costume design for the Man of Steel was a suit of armor. 

Well, let us not forget that the job of a President of a comic book publisher is completely different from the job of a mere comic book artist.  :gossip:

On 5/6/2023 at 1:39 AM, lou_fine said:

Well, let us not forget that the job of a President of a comic book publisher is completely different from the job of a mere comic book artist.  :gossip:

Something Carmine Infantino discovered.  He seemed to start out well, some great material in the early 70s, but his decisions in the mid 70s led to what was for me the most boring, drek-filled period in DC's history, especially 75 to 76, course-corrected gradually by Jenette Kahn into the classic 80s period for the company.

Lee already has quite a good track record from new 52, hardly perfect, but for me better than Infantino, so I'd give him some latitude.

I thought this said "Jesse-Lee for President," and I was ready to - with appropriate reluctance - accept the role. However, I see this is about Jim. So carry on, but please tag me if you need me.

On 5/5/2023 at 7:17 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I thought this said "Jesse-Lee for President," and I was ready to - with appropriate reluctance - accept the role. However, I see this is about Jim. So carry on, but please tag me if you need me.

Got you on speed dial!

On 5/5/2023 at 8:39 PM, lou_fine said:

uh, thanks for putting it layman's terms for me- my statement was obviously meant in complete seriousness

On 5/5/2023 at 10:17 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I was saying Jesse-Lee for President.

1054102.jpg