• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you have a problem signing in...
1 1

22 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hi

I am going to let this thread roam around this section of the forum for a while, and I may pin it in time.  A large number of people are having problems signing in to the forums.  The remember me box has been an issue for a long time.  Maybe 2 years?   Anyhow, I wanted to post a workaround if this happens, and you get "caught up in the loop".   

image.png

If you try to sign in and get sent to the home page instead, you will see the above screenshot.  You need to X out that popup, and sign out of the home page as shown below.  Then, click on Chat Boards, check the remember me box and you will be able to sign in.

image.png

On 5/12/2023 at 6:49 AM, Cat said:

It's every week for me, at most. 

Has been happening to me for quite some time. At least once per week. I have been using a different, more complicated work around. I'll try this next time.

Edited by Dave2739

This seems to happen more often when I log into the forums on multiple computers over the course of a day or two. Logging into the forums on a 2nd computer seems to invalidate the login on the 1st computer when I later come back to it.

• Administrator

I had a meeting with the Senior Site Reliability Engineer yesterday about this.  Sharing your experiences here could help fix the problem.

• Administrator
On 5/12/2023 at 10:40 AM, buttock said:

Mike, since this is such a problem and the site engineers can't fix it, one thing that could make it slightly less painful is to remove that stupid popup asking for your email for the newsletter.  That would be one less annoyance.  

I will bring this up.

• Administrator
On 5/12/2023 at 11:09 AM, mr_highgrade said:

Still waiting to be able to sign in with my dealers account. :taptaptap: :tumbleweed:

Could you please bump our PM about this?  It's buried by about 300 other PM's.  I have a "go to" person now.  Maybe we can get this straightened out.

Have this issue no less than weekly.  Also am now hit nearly every time with a pop-up notice that I have a new PM, for a PM that has had not activity in years.  

On 5/12/2023 at 12:22 PM, Transplant said:

Have this issue no less than weekly.  Also am now hit nearly every time with a pop-up notice that I have a new PM, for a PM that has had not activity in years.  

Yup the notification of a PM that isn't there is a new issue I've had in the last couple weeks as well.

• Administrator
On 5/12/2023 at 12:29 PM, Iceman399 said:
On 5/12/2023 at 12:22 PM, Transplant said:

Yup the notification of a PM that isn't there is a new issue I've had in the last couple weeks as well.

That is an easy fix.  Go to your inbox,  and mark it/them as read.  These are showing as unread in my folder.  Note the bold text.

image.png

On 5/12/2023 at 12:37 PM, CGC Mike said:

That is an easy fix.  Go to your inbox,  and mark it/them as read.  These are showing as unread in my folder.  Note the bold text.

image.png

Well that's cool! Thanks I think that is fixed.