• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wtf with Wonder Woman Book Value
3 3

23 posts in this topic

Hi im actually collecting entire comics series from post crisis era(1987/2011) of my favourite heroes (i started with batman and after a really hard work i see the end soon!) When i started to do that i taked a lot of time to studding the market and know every valuable books. Im really surprised by one thing, a lot of first class heroes like Superman, Green Lantern, Flash have just a very little quantity of Keys and its easy to collect. But WHAT'S happen with the Amazon!?

For exemple you take every heroes i cited before, you can get almost every issues on mycomicshop for like 3dollars. 

And know do the same things for Wonderwoman, every issues is selled in a range between 8 to 15dollars.

I’d say just take a look at eBay sold sales and do your own comparison 

but I’d say that anecdotally in my experience there’s more common WW from the 80-90’s that are worth a bit more than other commons

On 12/05/2023 at 17:05, KCOComics said:

N'oubliez pas, c'est demander des prix. Ces prix n'ont pas vraiment d'importance. 

Au point de Revat, regardez les prix de vente sur eBay . Ils devraient brosser un tableau plus précis. 

Hmmm i also looked at lot of time on ebay. For like the 100 first issues of wonderwoman you probably pay like 600 dollars easily, the double of what you pay for superman and flash, and this estimate is kind. And there are less lot on the market than the others, fewer people seem to own them

On 12/05/2023 at 17:30, CSF said:

Eh bien, je voulais dire toute votre citation "héros de première classe", mais d'accord.

You would say in your opinion the charachters i cited is not at the foreground of DC?

I would assume the reason is pretty obvious. Just like in action figures where the female figures were produced in lesser quantities, I imagine WW had far smaller print runs and sales than Superman, Batman or GL bc little boys were less likely to be into a lady hero. Fast forward 30 years later and those lower print runs = higher value. 

The 2 last comment is just so true.

When i writed "Did this books is 2 in 1? Adult Magazine and Comics in the same time?" 

It was for joking but i had the conviction they are a part of truth 

Edited by BA773

On 5/12/2023 at 4:37 AM, KCOComics said:

Nothing I'm aware of. Maybe sellers are asking higher prices and not getting them? 

This applies to 96% of the books I look at. My suggestion to the OP is wait for them to turn up on an Ebay auction (as long as you're not hunting specifically for 9.8s). I picked up a book in the same grade for $10 on auction that I was accused of "lowballing" an Ebay seller for $70 on the same book he had listed for $129 BIN (he wouldn't sell). :eyeroll:

It wasn't WW, but it did have a busty babe on a motorcycle.

$70 seemed reasonable based on previous BINs, at $10 I freakin' stole it. :banana:

Edited by Dr. Balls

With Original Comic Art on CAF you will almost certainly see Wonder Woman near or at the top of the most searched list for last 24hours, 7 days and  30 days. Routinely Supergirl appears on the lists as well. As DC heroes go, I do not recall seeing Superman, Flash, Green Lantern even once. Batman of course does appear from time to time. 

https://www.comicartfans.com/popular-searches.asp

Edited by MAR1979

There's a reason why VAMPIRELLA #1 goes for $1000+ in almost any grade...

Vampirella1p5.thumb.jpg.7818e8ae3c3e93e5b0f5328043b1c627.jpg

(My condolences if yours is slabbed.)

Those Wonder Woman's command a high price and will continue to do so.

The Brian Bolland covers and later the Adam Hughes covers are quick sellers at $5-15 depending on the cover. Or more. The George Perez issues are maybe (I said maybe!) his finest work.

Wonder Woman is also one of very few female superheroes so lots of females gravitate towards it - they don't have many choices and the demand kinda outweighs the supply. Male superheroes have a million choices so you're never going to have to pay more than $3 for Superman. The movies were successful, Gal Gadot is awesome and oh yeah, there are a lot of boobs on display.

Girl Power. It's a fun run to collect and in my opinion it warrants the higher price tag than other Post-Crisis books like Flash (which is awful), Superman (boring), Superboy (terrible) and on and on. Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad and JLI were the only books I read from DC because of the quality. And boobs.