• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Signature labels are they worth it
1 1

9 posts in this topic

I’m thinking about getting my Xmen 101 Cgc 9.6 a custom label SS.  It is currently in a blue label with Savannah pedigree written on it. Do people feel that it is worth the cost of this as far as resale goes?  And when I’m submitting the books since it’s over $1000 I just click the $50 re-holder and then the five dollar signature series label? are there any other labels I can pick that or yellow or is it all just one signature label.

233F33D3-1A56-4981-9482-161C6D745AE2.jpeg

not sure I understand your question but if you want a yellow SS label you need to have the book signed and witnessed by CGC

from there you can get a standard yellow SS label or one of their current yellow custom labels as seen here https://www.cgccomics.com/news/article/7873/

and in special instances they will have talent specific custom yellow labels for SS events (ex. Todd McFarlane, Alex Ross)

a very important point also is that you cannot have a custom label on a pedigree! It is one or the other and if you remove the pedigree designation you need to make sure you still have the HA COA documenting it as such or it will be not be able to get it back in the future.

Edit:

You can submit this for any SS signing like the Claremont that just happened and it will get the yellow label and keep the pedigree.

Overall I am generally against SS Pedigree's and do not see much of a value bump over regular SS. The collectors of these two are vastly different, but if I was going to get a pedigree signed Savannah would probably be the one, lol.

Edited by DougC

On 5/13/2023 at 3:35 PM, Ron C. said:

Aren't the new Pedigree Labels Gold?

They're this color, which is like a black over lay of yellow, they look really nice. Just I think of them more grayish black than gold

Screenshot_20230513-154116.png

On 5/13/2023 at 4:42 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

They're this color, which is like a black over lay of yellow, they look really nice. Just I think of them more grayish black than gold

Screenshot_20230513-154116.png

When the OP @Yogalobo mentioned a yellow label, I thought he/she might be referring to the new Gold Pedigree label... which is pretty nice!

On 5/13/2023 at 3:47 PM, Ron C. said:

When the OP @Yogalobo mentioned a yellow label, I thought he/she might be referring to the new Gold Pedigree label... which is pretty nice!

I would assume as much too, finding a actual signed copy to see the label would be hard, but the regular pedigree or the new label is close. I feel you though. More than likely it would be a yellow label with the blackish grey top like you would see if a signature series label also had some green qualified to it.  :cheers: but with pedigree instead of qualified

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

I’d say just like anything else in comics, it depends 

but there’s tons of sales that have occurred. 

feel free to scour the internet for comparison data similar to your specific situation for your financial analysis to help you make your decision