• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What's the longest series run you collected?
5 5

109 posts in this topic

On 5/16/2023 at 7:53 PM, musicmeta said:

Wolverine Limited...just need #4.   Don't really have anything worth mentioning but all I got is Tales of Suspense 47-99 with several issues graded (47-50, 52,53, 57, 64,65, 71, 77..several others)
Working on a Daredevil run have 9-301 and will try to get 1-8 fairly soon.  Early issues are $$$. 
Captain Marvel 2-62 I believe..I'll have to verify as I might be missing one or two issues.  Working on acquiring #1 in 9.6 white. 
Warlord 1-133 missing just a handful of issues.  (Does anybody collect this but me and maybe five other people on the planet.  I like this series).

Lol I'm in the same boat on Wolverine Limited lol

I just bought #2 from Reece site, and now hope to pick up #4 eventually. I went 9,4 on #2, but my #1&#3 are onky cgc vf lol

No shame ^^

At all!

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/16/2023 at 7:55 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Lol I'm in the same boat on Wolverine Limited lol

I just thought #2 from Reece site, and now hope to pick up #4 eventually. I went 9,4 on #2, but my #1&#3 are onky cgc vf lol

No shame ^^

At all!

Funny thing Wolverine Limited issues are everywhere.  I'm so slow to complete it.  I "had" all four in 9.6 white but sold them.  I do have the TPB though..lol

On 5/16/2023 at 7:57 PM, musicmeta said:

Funny thing Wolverine Limited issues are everywhere.  I'm so slow to complete it.  I "had" all four in 9.6 white but sold them.  I do have the TPB though..lol

Ikr it's the same with the dkr, punisher limited, and others that are just great stories, but slow in acquisition haha Congrats on making the goal once, cause there are many but it was yours. 9.6 made some :flipbait: for a while. I'd be satisfied with VF NM myself.

Now that I think about it I had the complete set of Wolvie limited but they were all fvf with raw sigs.

#1 by Claremont first ever comic con I went to, and #2-4 raw sig by Len Wein that I picked up at LCS before that when back into collecting. It was about the memories made with those issues! :x

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 5/16/2023 at 8:03 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Ikr it's the same with the dkr, punisher limited, and others that are just great stories, but slow in acquisition haha Congrats on making the goal once, cause there are many but it was yours. 9.6 made some :flipbait: for a while. I'd be satisfied with VF NM myself.

Now that I think about it I had the complete set of Wolvie limited but they were all fvf with raw sigs.

#1 by Claremont first ever comic con I went to, and #2-4 raw sig by Len Wein that I picked up at LCS before that when back into collecting. It was about the memories made with those issues! :x

So cool you had the Wolvie Ltd set signed.  I only have a few signed books.  

Wtf i dont received notifications for one week now so i thinked nobodies car about my topic and see just now he s on fire! Hurry to read every of your comment this evening, thanks guys!

So I used to have:

Ultimate spiderman complete

Wolverine vol 1/2/3 (up to that point) complete

All  the blackest night books

All the civil war books

Batman new 52 complete 3 different times

Immortal Hulk complete

Every DC Bernie Wrightson cover 

Now I am currently looking at a modern batman run, but still have a ways to go on it. 

On 5/16/2023 at 1:22 PM, comicginger1789 said:

My ASM run is currently at 50-400 completed. I would love to get that from 1-400 but I acknowledge that to do so I am going to have to stumble upon an undiscovered collection or finally commit to selling other stuff within my collection to get there. I am not at the point yet because every time I think of the 100 or so books I would need to sell to afford ASM #1, I end up feeling sadder about losing 100 solid books than I am about the feeling of acquiring one single ASM issue.

Depends what they are, but I’d think ending up with ASM1 would be the right move.

On 5/17/2023 at 10:28 AM, Browns81 said:

Depends what they are, but I’d think ending up with ASM1 would be the right move.

I mean, if I sold all my GA books (roughly 40 books, approximating $200 per book) I could get most of the way there. If I added in my Batman collection, that is probably close to 10-12k which could get it done. But again, there goes 300-305 books or so that I just would feel empty not having. I am only 33 so the allure to do this right now is not high...perhaps when I hit my 40s but by then who knows where the prices will be. It probably is something I should try to do now whilst able and worry about recouping the other books later should I miss them that much.

On 16/05/2023 at 10:29, jjonahjameson11 said:

ASM 1-400.

J'ai fini

When i started to write the topic i wanted to put a ban to cite this one :roflmao:

I got into comics after my friends father showed me his comic collection.

It was probably around 1986 or so. 

He had everything Marvel...his favorite was Captain America but he had Daredevil, X Men, Spidey, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Hulk and more.

All his runs started with issue #1 and they were complete and up to date.

Beautifully bagged, boarded and long boxed.

He decided to sell his collection a few years later. 

My friend and I helped him at the comic convention...the shows back then were strictly sports cards and comics.

He ended up selling his entire collection that day...someone made him an offer for what was left at the end of the show.

He didnt bring a single book home that day.

I dont know how much he sold them for but im 100% sure he regrets it now.

Edited by lostboys

On 5/16/2023 at 8:28 PM, ttfitz said:

I have complete runs of (Uncanny) X-Men, Avengers, and nearly complete runs of Fantastic Four (#1 and #5 missing), Amazing Spider-Man (1,3, 9, and 14), Silver Age Green Lantern (#1) and Flash (112 and 132). I guess my longest run is probably Action Comics, where I have from issue 243 to present (along with all but 4 issues back to 189).

You collected 85 years of Superman story? Awesome:jawdrop: