• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The HA War Comics Showcase Auction
1 1

77 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2023 at 1:22 AM, tth2 said:

It appears that the rumors of GA comic collecting following sports cards' price declines have been greatly exaggerated.

:cry:

On 5/19/2023 at 8:02 PM, adamstrange said:
On 5/19/2023 at 1:22 PM, tth2 said:

It appears that the rumors of GA comic collecting following sports cards' price declines have been greatly exaggerated.

:cry:

Not enough backward-worn baseball caps in our hobby!

On 5/19/2023 at 7:37 AM, BitterOldMan said:

I am shooting a Barrett 50 Caliber sniper rifle with backwards baseball cap.  Wearing a cap the regular way would damage the scope cover.

IMG_2199.thumb.jpeg.0dbdeac5fbdbb86f817aece2aed767da.jpeg

They let you have those in Cali?

On 5/18/2023 at 9:34 PM, Aman619 said:

please let this enthusiasm spillover to DC War books!  but not as many lurid covers I guess..

I thought as a whole the DC books went really strong.  They were less variable than the Atlas stuff, but there weren't many "keys" or sought-after covers.  

I looked at quite a few books in this auction but didn't go after any. Most of the ones that I had some interest in had "lightly rusted staples" in the notes. I don't know whether a large number of those books came from the same hoard originally or what.

Edited by jimbo_7071

This auction felt like a lot of label chasing. High grades did outstanding, low grades\low bids, mid grades something better.

Of course the big boys brought the big bucks. The ultra rare foxholes, duck and cover.

On 5/19/2023 at 7:54 AM, Robot Man said:

I’m not a gun guy. I had more than my fill in uniform many years ago. But Ray is a guy with a wonderful and happy attitude totally unlike his board name.

Besides, he lives in San Francisco…

Honestly, I feel safer in SF than I did in Downtown LA the other weekday.  Felt more deserted than SF and has a homeless problem like SF.  Both SF and LA have seen better days and will again.  Of course I'm talking about the downtowns, the nice neighborhoods haven't changed at all.  Interestingly, I was on vacation in London, Porto, and Madrid in March.  All three cities were much better off than any American cities.  I'm talking clean, busy, and no different than they ever were.  Probably due to the fact that all three countries have extensive medical and financial safety nets that helps prevent the large populations of homeless folks impacted by mental illness and drugs that we see in the U.S. But, their comic book stores suck.  Link?  I think so. Folks there don't have the same quantity of excess cash and embrace of frivolity in acquisitions that we do.