• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seller sold an incomplete book to me - How would you respond?
10 10

304 posts in this topic

On 5/28/2023 at 11:39 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

I can’t keep it secret any longer....

I’m the seller

:kidaround:

I wish just so I would know what the :censored: book was!

On 5/28/2023 at 8:21 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I saw that book in person.  It was as hilarious in person as it is on the internet.

Unfortunately Wolverine was unable to attend.  

On 5/28/2023 at 9:21 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I saw that book in person.  It was as hilarious in person as it is on the internet.

What’s the story behind that copy? The cutting job was done with the precision of a surgeon. 

On 5/28/2023 at 9:41 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Hulk3.jpg.78164dc0914efecdb40668673052c124.jpg.b854488d26313b170160e27f756bdb98.jpg

I just read about this book. I think I'd cut out the whole page and just send it in for a NG grade label stating Hulk 180, 1st cameo appearance of Wolverine with wolverine missing in the page just for a laugh. 

Edited by southern cross
Edit

On 5/28/2023 at 11:09 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

:whistle:

Thanks for the link! That was a great read. I admired the way Bookery handled it. Great attitude, no accusations, no blaming, just the facts. I would still like to know why the slicer did it though and why so carefully.

I have to admit though, I would have that page displayed for the entertainment value. 

On 5/28/2023 at 7:39 PM, Fraggy said:

Why would a presser count the pages?

About a year and a half ago I started pressing myself, and I have caught major flaws like this during the pressing process. You see things as you work on a book because you look at it very carefully. In any event, all I said it that it went through a bunch of hands/eyes and no one caught it. Whether the presser is responsible for catching it really doesn't impact on what I was saying. 

Edited by Stefan_W

On 5/29/2023 at 4:46 AM, CAHokie said:

Thanks for the link! That was a great read. I admired the way Bookery handled it. Great attitude, no accusations, no blaming, just the facts. I would still like to know why the slicer did it though and why so carefully.

I have to admit though, I would have that page displayed for the entertainment value. 

There was a seller at some NYC and LI cons that would offer such cutouts mounted on thin foam boards.  They were similar to two-dimensional GI Joes.  You could play with them or mount them on your wall. I bought a number of Avengers characters from him. That was in the mid-80s.  Color copying either didn't exist or was not in general use so he'd cut up original comics to make them. During lulls in the show, we'd try and guess which comic a figure came from.