• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Custom Label Series - DC Comics?
1 1

8 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello,

Thank you for your question! Unfortunately, over the years we have been unsuccessful in securing rights for the use of DC images on our labels. This is something we are still open to but we do not have a timeline for when we will have a DC label in the future. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Let us know if you have any other questions. 

I think CGC as a company is being generous when they state "unsuccessful in securing rights". I was helping do some marketing for a very large local comic retailer and made inquiries about licensing variants (reprints with new covers), Marvel was ready to and willing without much prodding even offering their own suggestions and price points (across a spectrum). DC was .... at best difficult to even contact and aggressively strict shooting down ALL inquires and the one that we actually got far enough to start nailing down a licensing fee cost were 10X what Marvel asked for on X-Men!

There is a very good reason why DC has so few independent retailer specific variants (outside of DC produced ones, like Wonder Woman #750)

On 8/7/2023 at 11:08 AM, Thomas hogan said:

With DC under new leadership and the need to bring in revenue I believe the time has come for DC management to now be willing to work with CGC. 

they are too focused on the movies losing them 200m each

but yea I have 30 batman slabs I would gladly reholder.

TMNT, Spawn, Star Wars would be cool too. Tho Yea I want Batman labels - different ones based on the series like a Neal Adams, Jim Lee and Jimenez or Capullo one.