• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how to go about getting a Signature Series book signed at NY ComiCon

8 posts in this topic

• Administrator

Hello @Old Man's Cave,

The first step to submitting to CGC at a specific show is to come to our booth first when you arrive to grab a witness. The witness will go with you to witness the signing of the book and then seal your book in a CGC Security Bag. You will then be instructed to return to our booth at your earliest convenience to fill out the submission paperwork and drop off the book. I would suggest doing this before the last two hours of the show because there will be a long wait. Please note, these books will not be graded on-site. These books will be returned to our Florida office for grading and encapsulation. Let us know if you have any other questions! 

What was said is true if you ARE attending however as OP stated, will not be attending.  You will need to fine a facilitator who you can work with to get book signed.  You will need to mail your books to them and they will handle it for you.  Not sure if the list is out for NYCC but check for vendors.  Some that come to mind Captured Collectibles & Agents of Slab.  

You may also want to check the sub-forum SigSeries Central for other facilitators posting that they will be going to NYCC.

Good Luck!

On 6/15/2023 at 12:40 PM, Old Man's Cave said:

Thank you. This is great. I had no idea such an industry existed: "facilitators." I would have had trouble trusting a 3rd party with my books, but your recommendations are very helpful.

I have had a lot of books go thru Rich Henn, and have never had an issue. I know he is doing NYCC again this year and is great to work with. And have also used Agents of Slabs as a facilitator multiple times and they have also been great to work with. 

On 6/15/2023 at 1:40 PM, Old Man's Cave said:

Thank you. This is great. I had no idea such an industry existed: "facilitators." I would have had trouble trusting a 3rd party with my books, but your recommendations are very helpful.

All three of the facilitators listed above are wonderful and will take good care of your books!