• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Does CGC return my bags and boards?
2 2

13 posts in this topic

Apparently, CGC charges two dollars per bag (Mike assisted to rescind the charge: Submission issue:

if one wants it to bag comic books that were submitted "bag-free." Whether these bags are new or the ones "submitted " by folks is unsaid. CGC did not mention if backing boards are included with the bags or if they are a separate charge.

I’m kinda geeky with my collection; I tape the corresponding 90s Impel trading cards to the rear of my first appearance books.  I forgot to remove several of them on one submission, I received them back in a bag with board with my graded books. 

To add one fine point to what everyone else is saying, if you do a pre-screen the rejected books will come back in the bags you sent them in. They will have a sticker on the front that identifies the book which means the bag cannot be re-used but the board can. 

On 6/17/2023 at 8:57 AM, Comicshows said:

Wonder what happens to all the bags and boards? Recycling or landfill?

I'd offer up the idea that they donate them to the Blackstone Collection. My cat's litterbox had less of a yellow tint than the bagged comics I bought from that collection. And smelled better, too.

I like to picture all the bags and boards are what they use to pay the single person in QC at the rate of one used bag per 10 comics passed through. At the end of the week they are given a stack of mylars to sell at the local flea market so they can afford a can of pinto beans.

On 6/17/2023 at 11:27 AM, DougC said:

I like to picture all the bags and boards are what they use to pay the single person in QC at the rate of one used bag per 10 comics passed through. At the end of the week they are given a stack of mylars to sell at the local flea market so they can afford a can of pinto beans.

There is also rent for the "apartment", which is the handicapped stall in the restroom.

On 6/17/2023 at 7:57 AM, Comicshows said:

Wonder what happens to all the bags and boards? Recycling or landfill?

I can tell you the landfill is where the broken slabs and inner wells end up after leaving my house.