• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Custom Spider Gwen Label
4 4

9 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 6/19/2023 at 9:23 PM, @Rogueiconic said:

I really like the Spider-Gwen custom label but after getting some books back she’s disappearing into the Spiderverse. I was hoping @CGC Comics would fix this by now. It’s a nice label. Has anyone seen them correct these labels in the past? 

Hi

I have sent an e-mail regarding this.  I will post my findings here. 

Mike

This has been a problem from the get go. No one thought to mask out the hologram area so the artwork would not battle for the same real estate on the label. Or failed to move it left enough to not be blocked by that all-important hologram. It's called PLANNING, folks. A lost talent for sure.

On some labels we have the Fantastic Three, Thor with a hidden hammer, etc. It's as far as you can get from rocket science,  but still too big of a challenge for CGC. Hey, how about moving the hologram to the back???  It can serve as a method of checking authenticity from the back as easily it can from the front. Just incompetent. 

On 6/19/2023 at 8:43 PM, Lightning55 said:

This has been a problem from the get go. No one thought to mask out the hologram area so the artwork would not battle for the same real estate on the label. Or failed to move it left enough to not be blocked by that all-important hologram. It's called PLANNING, folks. A lost talent for sure.

On some labels we have the Fantastic Three, Thor with a hidden hammer, etc. It's as far as you can get from rocket science,  but still too big of a challenge for CGC. Hey, how about moving the hologram to the back???  It can serve as a method of checking authenticity from the back as easily it can from the front. Just incompetent. 

It's because the logo department is fighting with the custom label dept....ever since that day the custom label department stole the logo department's yogurt..it goes back and forth...we can only guess what will happen next

It's alright. I'm sure they'll fix it for freehahaahha. Ahhhh, I couldn't even finish that with a straight face.