• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Restoration Removal Advice
1 1

6 posts in this topic

I just got 3 books back from CGC. To my horror - not one, but two - came back in the dread purple label. One is Journey Into Mystery Annual 1 8.0 and the other is Marvel Superheroes 17 9.0. Both have been given the designation of Slight (C-1). JIMA 1 notes read "small amount of colour touch on cover, small amount of glue on cover". MS17 notes read "small amount of colour touch on cover". If memory serves CGC will attempt restoration on Slight restoration, I just wanted to hear some advice or examples from others. I'd post some pics, but I doubt the restoration would be noticed. Also, should I send them back in their slabs, or take them out myself while disclosing the restoration. Thanks.

Very small A-1 would be a lesser amount of professional color touch which does not bleed through the cover. C-1 small amount sounds extensive to me, but I believe  ccs offers an opinion on successful restoration removal for a fee.